PRIMARY OBJECTIVE OF POSITION:
In this full-time student position, students join the company for a minimum 12-week paid internship experience. Students from a variety of accredited college campuses are invited to participate. This year 10-12 students will be selected. Each internship experience is unique to the student's degree program and personal interests. This year opportunities in agronomy sales, agriculture precision & technology, feed sales, grain, and communications will be offered. Students are paired with a summer mentor who directs, challenges and teaches them about our company and their area of the business. Each mentor also outlines a summer long project for their student to complete and present at the conclusion of the summer. All duties and responsibilities should be completed in accordance with company policy.
OUR EXPECTATIONS ARE THAT YOU:
- Are available to work full time hours
- Are available to work Saturdays & Sundays (overtime as needed)
- Are able to do heavy lifting, loading and bending (up to 50 pounds)
- Are sophomore status (or above) with a GPA of 2.75 or better. (Students with a freshman standing will be considered.)
- Have a clean driving record with no alcohol-related offenses
- Have the ability and willingness to live at home or at school for the duration of the summer.
- Have the ability and willingness to pass all pre-employment screenings including a drug test and background check.