People Operations Business Partner
Rimon Law is a tech-enabled, highly selective, global law firm consistently recognized for its excellence, innovation, and teamwork throughout its 45 offices in 14 countries and five continents. Novalaw is its support backbone, professionally running the operations of the firm. This disruptive business model has widely become known amongst the most innovative in the legal industry, and Rimon has enjoyed 40% YoY growth as a result.
The Role of the Business Partner
We believe our people are our most important resource. We are looking for a highly skilled People Operations Business Partner to become one of them. The ideal candidate will work closely with the Director of People Operations in supporting all employees. This position will assist in providing strategic guidance in the following functional areas: employee relations, benefits administration, compensation, performance management, talent acquisition, onboarding/orientation, and employment law compliance.
- Establish and maintain partnerships across functions to deliver value-added service, using People Operations capabilities to accomplish company-wide goals.
- Analyzes trends and metrics in partnership with the People Operations Team to develop solutions, programs, and policies.
- Manages and resolves simple and complex personnel issues as they arise. Conducts effective, thorough and objective investigations.
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance. Partners with legal counsel as needed/required.
- Provides day-to-day performance management guidance (e.g., coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions).
- Works closely with leadership and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
- Provides policy guidance and interpretation.
- Provides guidance and input on business unit restructures, workforce planning and succession planning.
- Fosters a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Acts as a mentor and point of contact for business units and People Operations team members.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources management, or related field with 5+ years of experience.
- PHR or SPHR certification preferred.
- Experience working in a high-growth environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize and self-manage in a completely remote environment.
- High energy, passion, and drive, with a strong positive outlook.
- Strong customer and partnership focus with a team-oriented spirit.
- Proficient MS Office; MS Teams a plus
- Strong ability to adapt to new software and applications, and comfortable in a paperless environment.
- Sit or stand at a desk for several hours a day
- Look at computer screens for several hours a day, in a home office environment
- Ability to interact with others through email, phone, and video chat
*Compensation dependent on geographical location and years of experience*
About Rimon Law
Rimon P.C. is a highly selective, international law firm with offices across five continents. The firm is widely known as being at the vanguard of legal innovation for its decentralized, distributed business model and leading-edge technology. Our model is disruptive, our culture dynamic, and our growth explosive: at a time when traditional law firms are closing offices, Rimon is experiencing 40% growth year-over-year. The firm has been repeatedly recognized by the Financial Times as one of North America's most innovative law firms. The firm’s Managing Partners were both named ‘Legal Rebels’ by the American Bar Association’s ABA Journal and have spoken on innovations in the practice of law at Harvard and Stanford Law Schools. Rimon and its lawyers have also received numerous awards for excellence, including from Best Lawyers and Chambers.
NovaLaw, Inc. and Rimon, P.C. are affiliate companies. Employees of NovaLaw, Inc. provide mission-critical legal support and expertise and business process services to Rimon P.C.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Rimon Law (Rimon, P.C. and NovaLaw, Inc., Inc.) is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or an employee based on race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, sex, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, or any other legally recognized protected class under federal, state, or local law.
The information that you provide in this application will be used solely to determine suitability for employment, verify identity, and maintain statistics on applicants.
Accommodation for Applicants with Disabilities
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Rimon Law. If you have a disability or special need and need assistance participating in the application process, please let us know.
Rimon P.C. and NovaLaw, Inc. do not accept and are not responsible for the payment of any fees related to unsolicited resumes submitted to us.