This position will be responsible for the hygiene and sanitation of the facility, working the overnight 3rd shift, and is accountable for the coordination, implementation, maintenance and continual improvement of the Sanitation and Pre-op function. The role ensures the safe and consistent manufacture of products to the standards required by the company, customers, regulatory authorities and good manufacturing practice. This includes development of the Master Sanitation Schedule (MSS), Sanitation Standard Operating Procedures (including validation and verification), managing chemical usage, audit of systems and coordination and support of the Pre-Op team. The role ensures that all appropriate records are completed and maintained clearly and accurately including pre-op and internal audits as appropriate. This position will deputise for the Food Safety and Quality Manager as and when required or instructed.
- Define what needs to be cleaned and how often (MSS)
- Oversight and accountable for performance of third-party sanitation vendor and their on-site sanitation crews
- Validate and verify methods and design SSOP’s
- Continuously verify efficacy of cleaning and sanitation
- Work with chemical and PPE supplies companies to ensure the business has what it needs and costs are controlled
- Manage and support the Sanitation and Pre-Op team ensuring that staff training is carried out and kept up to date as required
- Carrying out internal audits and other verification activities such as our microbiological sampling plans.
- Ensure that all company policies and procedures are adhered to in order to produce safe and legal products compliant with specification
- Write and update company policies and procedures as required
- Oversee the auditing, maintenance and coordination of the plant maintenance list as it relates to sanitation and risk reduction. Follow up issues with the Maintenance department to ensure that issues are corrected in a timely manner. This will include carrying out site fabrication/construction audits as required
- Sit as a member of the HACCP team and verify HACCP procedures and paperwork as required
- Routinely monitor sanitation and production practices and the facility to reduce the potential of NR’s being raised by the USDA
- Actively promote a safe working environment for all site staff. Health & Safety is a key responsibility for all personnel on site
- Substitute for FSQA Manager as required or instructed
- Any other tasks deemed reasonable and reasonably requested by management