If you like to work independently, have some flexibility in how you structure your day, use your nursing experience to manage medical situations for a variety of individuals, and triage over the phone, then this is the nursing role for you!
Continuum of Colorado is looking for an outstanding Registered Nurse (RN) to oversee the medical services of individuals with developmental disabilities that we serve in our residential, worksite and day program settings. As our Registered Nurse, you’ll get to communicate with a variety of staff to coordinate everything from annual assessments, lab appointments, dental care, therapies, vision care and other types of follow up. You’ll have the opportunity to serve as the liaison between our individuals’ families, their physicians, pharmacies, and our staff members for our individuals’ medical needs. You’ll also get to provide health care information and training to our staff on a routine basis.
There isn't any direct individual care involved in this nursing role but you'll get to be out and about in the community to do on-site visits and trainings in our various settings.
Our Registered Nurse’s main office will be based out of our Inverness office location in the Denver Tech Center, Denver, CO and you’ll be able to travel (with mileage reimbursed) between our various sites within our catchment area (Douglas and Arapahoe Counties as well as parts of the city of Aurora).
We’re committed to a great work-life balance here, so our offices are open Monday – Thursday and are closed on Fridays. Our Registered Nurse will primarily work Monday – Thursday (full time is at 36 hours a week here!); however, due to the nature of this nursing role and our commitment to the individuals and families we serve, we’ll require some flexibility with an on-call rotation – once every 3 weeks (No holidays required - unless you happen to be on-call of course!).
More about what you’ll get to do as our RN!
- Assess and monitor individuals in services for appropriate medical services and interventions; implement and facilitate the processing of medical orders.
- Assess individuals’ medical status and communicate individuals’ needs to the Residential Supervisors (RS) and the Regional Managers (RM) of our group homes.
- Provide treatment to individuals and/or instruct staff to take the individual to their physician, urgent care, or hospital for immediate treatment.
- Review medical records regularly to ensure individuals’ needs are appropriately addressed.
- Provide after-hours consultation and/or evaluation for urgent and emergency situations on an on-call basis, as assigned.
- Attend and effectively and appropriately participate in individuals in services’ meetings, med reviews, medical chart audits, clinics, and appointments.
- Train our staff to follow individual Health Care Plans for individuals in services.
- Provide training and observations to staff for Gastrostomy Tube Services.
- Complete, review and sign off on medical and health-related documentation, as required.
- Complete appropriate paperwork and provide documentation for individuals in services’ meetings.
- Provide medication administration training and educational in-services to our agency staff.
- Consult with the RS and RM regarding coordination of medical, laboratory and dental care; follow up as required.
- In conjunction with the RS, or other authorized personnel, review Medication Administration Records (MAR’s) and physician orders monthly to assure accuracy.
The Good Stuff - Starting Salary and Benefits!
$46,000 - $56,400
We're flexible based on education and experience!
Here are some of the excellent benefits we offer and why it's great to work here!
- A great work-life balance where a full-time workweek = 36 hours
- Health/dental/vision coverage
- Employer paid and supplemental life insurance
- Short- and long-term disability insurance
- Generous paid time off and holiday pay
- 401(k) investment plan, with an employer match of up to 4%
- Mileage reimbursement
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Healthcare reimbursement and flexible spending plans
- Onsite gym and lounge for employee use at both office locations
- Discounts on auto and homeowners insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Credit union membership
- Employer-paid training