Under general supervision of the Recreation Supervisor and the direct supervision of the Recreation Coordinator II, the Building Attendant is responsible for the proper use of a recreational facility; to make general preparations for rentals and recreational activities; and to do related work as required.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES
- Complete requested furniture arrangements and equipment set-ups and breakdowns.
- Open, close and secure District facilities.
- Maintain a safe program environment and facility; conduct safety checks.
- Enforce District rules and regulations of facility, programs, activities, and events.
- Complete required forms, reports and evaluations in a timely manner.
- Assist in keeping accurate records of forms, inventory and supplies.
- Attend mandatory in-service training's and meetings.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- At least 18 years of age and possess a high school diploma.
- Must be able to work weekends and evenings.
- Ability to safely transport, lift and handle bulky objects weighing up to fifty (50) pounds; within OSHA guidelines.
- Attend orientation training.
- Bi-lingual is a plus but not required.
KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Perform basic and minor custodial duties
- Respond to emergency situations quickly and efficiently
- Provide excellent customer service skills
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision; establish and maintain effective working relationships with facility users, staff, public and district employees.
Note: Any offer of employment is conditional upon a satisfactory fingerprint clearance and/or background check with the Department of Justice (DOJ) via LiveScan.
The Hayward Area Recreation and Park District is a Special Public District. As a California city, county, or state agency or public district employee, you may be called upon as a disaster service worker in the event of an emergency. To learn more about what this means our employees click here.