The Play CAD Designer is a member of the Play team. The Play CAD Designer is responsible for the creation of Play Equipment elevations, CAD drawings, 2D/3D drawings, and BOM / Pricing documents that meet targets for feasibility, performance, costs, quality, safety, and timing.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Development of elevations using architectural plans and site information.
- Creation of production drawings (detail and assembly drawings).
- Provide knowledge and expertise during customer consultations.
- Drafting detailed multi-view drawings of products.
- Checking dimension of parts, materials to be used, relation of one part to another, and relation of various parts to whole structure or project.
- Utilization of knowledge of various machines, engineering practices, mathematics, building materials and other physical sciences to complete drawings.
- Ensuring that all work carried out is in compliance with concept and design intent, safety, quality, and local codes.
- Development, maintenance, and updating of standards for Indoor Soft Contained Play equipment.
- Leads in the development of pricing documents that accurately reflect the budget, scope of work, and the concept intent. Requires working with other department leads and the sales team.
- Logging and maintaining performance and quality-based metrics.
- Other duties may be assigned by direct Manager or Supervisor.