The Membership Database Specialist at Amnesty International USA is responsible for providing support to the Membership Database Specialist by managing the organization’s constituent database (Revolution Online or ROI). The role will also focus on the current sync between ROI and Amnesty’s eCRM database, Engaging Networks, ensuring data accuracy. This position involves a mix of quality control, internal and external customer service and involvement in back-end fundraising operations. The Membership Database Specialist will report to the Director of Development Operations and will work closely with staff in other Development units as well as Finance, Membership, Advocacy and Campaign staff.
- Provide support for the management of the membership database (Revolution Online) and its integration with related systems and technology including online CRM, (currently Engaging Networks), including researching sync issues and updating sync logic.
- Maintain system documentation. Assign and maintain flag codes, source codes, interest codes and any other needed coding. Build segments, custom fields, source codes, and output in membership database as needed.
- Ensure that all data collected for input into membership database (e.g. survey data, donor data from Eventbrite, etc.) is compatible with database structure and protocols. Advise AIUSA staff on best practices for data input and work with database vendor on mapping and streamlining manual uploads.
- Monitor regular sweeps and procedures to ensure all are working per specifications; suggest improvements and solutions for automated data hygiene and other routine tasks that impact member accounts.
Internal and External Customer Service:
- Work with internal users and the ROI Solutions team to ensure that the database is complete and accurate and that data imports, uploads, queries, reports and extracts are performed according to established norms and protocols.
- Cultivate and maintain the relationship between the organization and various data vendors to identify strategic data needs, raising issues that require immediate attention and advocating for database enhancements/upgrades when appropriate.
- Provide technical support to AIUSA staff. Maintain user manuals and train Development staff and others in use of database and business rules that should be used when entering or editing information in member accounts.
List Generation, Reporting, and Other:
- Formulate, design and develop reports, tools and analyses to enable informed decision making in fundraising, advocacy and donor/member experience with the organization.
- Suggest and implement solutions for improved automated data hygiene and other routine tasks that impact member accounts.
- Provide ad hoc mailing lists, donor lists, revenue reports and other data extractions and requests. Ensure consistency in reporting methods. Serve as back-up to Development Operations Assistant with regard to batching gifts to ensure timely and efficient processing of donor receipts.
- Work with internal teams to identify gaps in data, gather business requirements, and formulate and recommend technical solutions or other approaches that suit unit and organizational needs.
- Solutions include: sync upgrades, data mapping, writing new scripts and queries, internal process improvements
- Maintain working knowledge of other databases, data warehouses, and other data sources (e.g. Frakture, Engaging Networks, Mobile Commons, Vantiv, etc). Ensure data flows between these systems are accurate and implement solutions and updates that drive improvements to data quality and accuracy.
- Work with vendors to update and maintain database sync implementations, data mapping and vendor setups.
- Review and direct decisions regarding the long-term strategy of the EN/ROI sync that influences action taker data and overall data accuracy.