By joining the Bio-Techne team you will have an impact on future cutting-edge research. Bio-Techne, and all of its brands, provides tools for researchers in Life Sciences and Clinical Diagnostics.
The Inside Sales Representative is primarily responsible for achieving sales quota for ProteinSimple products, initially, Bioprocess (Maurice/iCE/MFI) system service contracts. This person will be located at the Bio-Techne headquarters in Minneapolis, MN, interfacing primarily via the telephone and email with customers and potential end-users in the assigned territory. The secondary role is to gain proficiency on all ProteinSimple products to provide back-up support for field sales reps, and ultimately take on a full-time field sales position.
The following is meant to be representative but not necessarily all inclusive of the duties and responsibilities for this position title.
• Responsible for achieving specified Bioprocess service contract sales quota in USA.
• Responsible for the qualification of leads for potential customers received from marketing campaigns, tradeshows, website or other programs.
• Consults with prospective customers on their current and future business needs.
• Acquire technical knowledge to detail products and answers questions typically generated by customers, trade shows, publications, web and press releases leads.
• Understands and uses appropriate sales promotional tools and educational support materials to send literature based upon customer’s needs.
• Some occasional travel within the US to do installations of Bioprocess systems will be required.
• Maintain Salesforce.com database for any contact made with leads and/or customers.
• Updates and produces timely activity reports.
• Stays up to date on and follows all procedures related to this job which can affect the quality of products or services provided to our customers.
• Demonstrates strong communication, probing and questioning skills. Exemplifies data gathering, organizational, and dissemination of information in a consistent and timely manner.
• Identify and execute continuous process improvement objectives to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of inside sales processes.