With minimal supervision, plans and negotiates media space and time for client’s advertisements.
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
- Negotiates best price and places media space or time as specified in approved media plan to optimize the client’s budget.
- Plans, creates, communicates and evaluates client media campaigns for successful outcomes.
- Researches trends, innovations, and changes that affect media buying.
- Monitors media for placement and time discrepancies and negotiates credit or billing adjustments.
- Tracks expenditures to ensure compliance with budgets.
- Assists in supervision of media staff.
- Assesses media databases (e.g. Nielsen, Media Audit, and Arbitron).
- Works on new business development as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.