Our Risk Management team is looking for an experienced Manager, Patient Safety Programs who is passionate about helping our members transform their safety culture. Our team works collaboratively across al office locations: Alamo, Glendale, Granite Bay and San Diego, supporting members in California, Oregon and Washington. Does Patient Safety excite you? Do you enjoy building long-lasting relationship with our members? If so, our team is expanding and we are looking for you! This is a 100% telecommuting position and may be based out of any office location: Alamo, Glendale, Granite Bay or San Diego.
ABOUT BETA HEALTHCARE GROUP
BETA Healthcare Group (BETA) is the largest professional liability insurer of hospitals on the west coast, providing coverage to more than 600 hospitals and healthcare facilities and provides workers' compensation coverage for over 70,000 healthcare workers in California. BETA also has a long-established and growing commitment to physicians, providing medical professional liability coverage to nearly 7,600 physicians and more than 50 medical groups. Beyond primary liability and workers’ compensation coverage, BETA provides an entire suite of alternative risk and insurance services, including excess healthcare professional liability coverage, excess workers’ compensation coverage, third-party claims administration services, risk management consulting services and claims management consulting services. Whether with hospitals, medical groups, clinics or hospices, BETA has earned a reputation for financial strength, rate stability, quality service and breadth of coverage that is unparalleled in the industry.
ABOUT THIS ROLE:
This is a mid-level, non-supervisory role in our Risk Management and Patient Safety Department. In this role you will serve as an expert for our members in design and implementation of safety strategies for BETA Healthcare Group and HealthPro RRG hospital members and insureds. Cultivate “best practices” across BETA members, insureds and clients. You will work with the Senior Director of Risk Management and Patient Safety and our team of patient safety professionals.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL:
- Collaborate with BETA clients to promote a safety culture and adhere to national clinical standards utilizing the principles and practice of the science of safety.
- Serves as a visible and recognized advocate for patient safety.
- Keeps abreast of changing national standards and safety science literature.
- Disseminate pertinent safety related information.
- Evaluates local, state and national healthcare safety trends.
- Conducts annual learning needs assessment in collaboration with Sr. Director of Risk Management and Patient Safety.
- Responsible for developing and delivering interdisciplinary education in topics pertaining to safety science.
- Identifies, designs and/or develops tools and resources focused on safety and culture transformation for our members, insureds and clients
- Collaborates with Project Managers, Risk Management and Patient Safety Managers and Directors in overall coordination and delivering of patient safety programs.
- Supports member adoption of BETA HEART domains by conducting regular status meetings and delivering education and training to clients to ensure successful implementation.
- As a certified trainer in teamwork skills, facilitates and supports teamwork-training program at member hospitals.
- Conducts annual validation assessments of BETA HEART principles in accordance with BETA HEART Guideline at member and insured sites.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D required. Undergraduate degree in healthcare related field strongly preferred. Graduate degree in healthcare-related field strongly desired.
- Certified Professional in Patient Safety (CPPS) preferred.
- Minimum of three years of healthcare experience.
- Within six months of hire, will obtain certification in TeamSTEPPs principles
- Within six months of hire, will obtain master certification in Just Culture
- Proficient with computers/software including Word and Office XP to include Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel and OneNote applications.
- Strong project management and organizational skills required.
- Ability to work independently and exercise good judgment.
- Excellent presentation and facilitation skills, required.
- Strong organization and communication skills and the ability to initiate, solve problems and improve processes independently.
- Must have reliable and safe transportation and the ability to travel 30% to 50% by car or airplane, including overnight stays
Apply at www.betahg.com