Seattle's Union Gospel Mission is currently looking for a Youth Program Supervisor to join the Women and Children's Ministries team in Seattle, WA.
Seattle's Union Gospel Mission is a private faith-based organization that helps the community to reach out with compassion to those who have lost hope. And as a community, we empower one another to build, lead and give back.
The Youth Program Supervisor will work with a team of staff to help create a safe, healing environment for women and children coming out of homelessness and trauma, in a Christian residential program. Develop and oversee programming for children, providing opportunities for spiritual, academic and social/emotional growth.
SHIFT SCHEDULE: Monday through Friday, 8:30am - 5:00pm; occasional evening, weekend and holiday shifts.
Essential Job Duties
- Oversee and direct all Hope Place staff and volunteers assigned to assist in the Elementary and Youth Programs; supervise one part-time Youth Program Coordinator.
- Manage, support, facilitate and review the work of volunteers by equipping, encouraging and empowering them in their areas of responsibility. This includes working closely with the Volunteer Coordinator to recruit and train volunteers in their areas of service.
- Build and maintain relationships with youth for the purpose of evangelism and discipleship
- Establish and maintain good communication and relationships with Hope Place Staff, mothers and youth residing at Hope Place.
- Lead in the planning and implementation of transformational elementary programs including; 1) regular contact and outreach with youth and families, 2) on-going discipleship, 3), weekly bible study meetings 4) educational assistance four days per week, 5) camps for school breaks, etc.
- Lead in the planning and implementation of middle and high school clubs including: 1) regular contact and outreach with youth and families, 2) on-going discipleship, 3) weekly opportunities to gather, 4) monthly bible study meetings, etc.
- Lead in the planning and implementation of quarterly family events for the Hope Place community.
- Oversee the preparation and implementation of childcare on the nights of Hope Place graduations.
- Maintain appropriate records and documentation concerning staff, volunteers, and program guests, including monthly reports to supervisor and case notes on children and families.
- Communicate effectively with supervisor and other staff regarding program plans and details.
- Develop and manage positive and productive relationships with local schools, churches, and youth outreach organizations.
- Meet regularly with direct-reports in order to provide training, coaching, supervision and support.
- Communicate with all staff through the Clarity system and Outlook.
- Ensure that department programs and activities operate consistently in alignment with the Missions corporate goals, core values and mission statement.
- Help coordinate and facilitate groups, classes and Bible studies as needed.
- Help in maintaining the safety and cleanliness of HP facility.
- Address unhealthy patterns and program compliance issues consistently and respectfully.
- Actively participate in the grace/choice-based programming, including participating in the self-evaluation process personally, asking questions during Community Life Skills meetings, and leading others to self-evaluation.
- Lead by working with coworkers to forge and model transparent and supportive Christian relationships which will serve as a leadership example for guests/program participants.
- Assist with periodic coverage of holiday, evening and/or weekend shifts.
- Assist with meal service as needed.
- Drive guests to appointments as needed.
- Assist with driving to and coordination of recreational activities as needed..
- Attend and participate in all Mission, Division and Department meetings and training, as required.
- Any other job-related duties as assigned by supervisor or WCM Leadership.