Gotham Greens is seeking passionate, driven and hardworking individuals to work in our Packhouse. Packhouse Production Assistants are hands-on and require individuals who enjoy rolling up their sleeves and are accustomed to manual labor-intensive jobs.
Prior experience in the natural and organic food industry is a plus but not required. This is an opportunity for an enthusiastic, self-motivated and organized individual to assume a position at a rapidly growing, innovative, disruptive company in the 21st century food system.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Packing containers of fresh leafy greens and herbs
- Identifying unacceptable quality product to discard
- Sorting and selecting high quality product to pack
- Filling containers to an accurate weight using scales
- Properly handling product and containers to maximize shelf life and appearance to the Company’s expectations
- Performing repetitive tasks at a consistent pace that meets productivity expectations
- Labelling, boxing, and staging product materials and supplies
- Handling, organizing, and loading production supplies and equipment
- Assisting with inventory control and cold storage organization
- Assist with daily cleaning of production areas, equipment, and supplies
- Assist with periodic cleaning of common areas in facility
- Follow Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs), Good Agricultural Practices (GAPs), Company food safety policies, Company employee safety policies, and Sanitation Standard Operating Procedures (SSOPs).
- Other duties as assigned
WHO YOU ARE
- Authorized to work in the U.S.
- Capable of lifting up to 50 pounds
- Work efficiently and pay attention to detail
- Must have a reliable form of transportation
- Open availability to work various work schedules, including holidays and weekends
WHO WE ARE
Gotham Greens is on a mission to transform how and where fresh produce is grown. We are a pioneer in urban indoor agriculture and a leading fresh produce and food company. Through our national network of local high-tech farms, Gotham Greens delivers fresh, long-lasting, and delicious leafy greens, herbs, salad dressings and pesto dip all year round to retail, restaurant, and foodservice customers.
Since its launch in 2011, Gotham Greens has grown from a single urban rooftop greenhouse in Brooklyn, N.Y., to a multi-state greenhouse operator and one of the largest hydroponic leafy green producers in North America.
Gotham Greens recently raised $87 million in new equity and debt capital, bringing our total financing to $130 million and fueling our company’s next phase of growth.