The Lofts - PRN Positions Available
The Future of Healthcare is here at Village On The Isle. Join our team as we advance caring for our senior adults with our person-centered, household model that focuses on dignified care and support.
Village On The Isle, situated on a beautiful 16.5-acre campus on the island of Venice, Florida, is one of the first life plan communities on the Gulf Coast of Florida. A vibrant and visionary Community offering the full continuum of care, Village On The Isle is guided in its philosophy and practices by its mission to “share God’s love by promoting individual growth and dignity, enhancing the quality of life and meeting the human and spiritual needs of our residents, staff, and community.”
These values are ever-present in the thoughts and actions of the Community and in how we treat one another. With annual revenue of $22+ million, the organization is home to approximately 400 residents and employs a dedicated team of 270 staff members.
Reporting to the Director of Assisted Living & Memory Care Services and under the direction of the Licensed Practical Nurse, the CNA provides direct personal services for residents. The CNA guides or assists residents with those activities of daily living (ADLs) that they are unable to perform without guidance, fostering at all times the residents’ independence and freedom of choice. The CNA respectfully interacts with all residents, family members, visitors, colleagues and staff. This is a safety sensitive position.
It is understood that every incidental duty connected with operations listed in the job description is not always specifically described, and that employees, at the discretion of management, may be required to perform duties not within their job descriptions. The omission of an essential function does not preclude management from assigning duties not listed herein if such functions are a logical assignment to the position.
- Provides personal services and assists with ADLs for residents as needed
- Provides in-house escort services to beauty shop, activities and meals
- Provides guidance and assistance with telephone usage
- Monitors and reports any change in physical health of residents
- Reports and records resident and resident-related events
- Assists residents during dining as needed
- Delivers meal trays to residents who are unable to go to the dining room
- Assists with medication reminders and hydration and monitors nutrition
- Assists with resident-centered activity programs
- Participates in in-service and educational trainings and programs
- Regular and reliable attendance is an essential function of this job
ESSENTIAL MENTAL AND PHYSICAL FUNCTIONS
The essential mental and physical functions listed below are required in order for an employee to be able to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Thinking critically; defined as reading, understanding and taking appropriate action on detailed and complex information
- Walking long distances daily
- Lifting and carrying up to 50 lbs
- Pushing a wheelchair with a resident weighing up to 200 lbs
- Repetitive actions/motion of one or both hands
- Hearing ordinary conversation and office sounds
- Verbal communication in person and on the phone
- Written communication by hand and on PC
Village On The Isle is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the ADAAA, Village On The Isle will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.
Work is conducted primarily in health care facility. There is possible exposure to communicable diseases and blood and body fluids that may contain HIV and/or HBV. This position frequently requires working within strict deadlines, under stressful conditions and with a variety of personalities, who may at times be emotional.
DRUG FREE WORK PLACE - E.O.E.
Village On The Isle is a not-for-profit continuing-care retirement community affiliated with the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America. We are committed to sharing God’s love by promoting individual growth and dignity, enhancing the quality of life and meeting the human and spiritual needs of our residents, staff and community. It is not a requirement to be Lutheran to work at Village On The Isle.