Job Classification: Non-Exempt; P/T 32 hours a week
Includes 4 hours on Saturday and one evening per week
Join our team! The Vallejo First 5 Center offers free programs that help parents/caregivers nurture and support their young children so they grow up healthy, happy, and positioned for success. Our programs focus on parent education, early learning opportunities, family literacy, and community resources. Classes are for children ages 0-5 years and their parents/caregivers to participate together in a welcoming and vibrant atmosphere. Local community partners will also be stationed within the center on a rotational basis so our families can gain access to services they need onsite. We are looking for staff members that bring a genuine concern for the families they serve, embrace a lifelong learning mindset, and value the opportunity to create a strong collaborative team.
How do we support families at the Vallejo First 5 Center?
• Support attachment and bonding between parent/caregiver and child • Increase child development awareness for parents/caregiver
• Provide fun and simple activities that parents/caregivers can incorporate into their daily routines with their children
• Provide an environment that sparks creativity and learning in children, and builds community and leadership
• Link families with support services through our Community Resource Specialist What roles and responsibilities does the Instructor have?
• Create and providing daily early-literacy & learning, as well as parent education classes, based on best practices and evidence-based early childhood curriculums.
• Range of classes could include infant playgroups, art classes for toddlers, story times, preschool/kinder readiness, child development workshops, and self-care groups for parents.
• Incorporate creative ways to foster a feeling of community and support between the parents.
• Work in a dynamic environment while building professional relationships with a variety of service providers supporting the community.
• Provide support to families who come to the Center, as well as communicating with families to help keep them engaged with attending our classes.
• Complete monthly program documentation.
• Plan and participate in community outreach and other events.
• Your insights and feedback would be valued during our efforts to continuously innovate and improve so we are giving the highest quality support to our families.