- Minimum an Associate of Arts Degree in Human Services or a related field. Bachelor’s degree or higher a plus not required.
- Minimum two (2) years experiences in a human services, security or related field required. Former military and/or correctional experience preferred.
- Strong organization skills, problem-solving skills and judgment are desired.
- Excellent report writing, assessment of character/behavior, and behavior management, and a working knowledge of health and safety regulations as pertains to a community residential centers or similar.
- Demonstrated managerial experience with key abilities to supervise others, supervise and ensure the accurate completion of security and resident monitoring records, maintain consistently high standards of training and performance management among Security Specialist staff, provide effective oversight of Control Center operations on a 24/7 basis and ensure proper staffing for a 24/7/365 operation.
- Ability to be flexible as maybe required to work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays and cover absent shifts as needed.
A bonafide occupational exception may be established for this position based upon sex/gender when it is necessary to ensure that at least one female and one male are on duty during each shift.
Join our Virtual Interview Event this
When: May 18, and May 20, 2021 10:00 AM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
Register in advance for this meeting (Copy the link in your browser below):
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the event.
The agenda for the virtual interview consists of:
Volunteers of America Chesapeake and Carolinas Organizational Overview·
VOACC Christian Church Without Walls foundation
Safety and COVID Preparation for Staff
Introduction from the Senior Program Director, Solomon Hejirika,
Introduction from the Assistant Director and Job Overview
Virtual Tour of the facility in common areas non-disclosure of residents/existing staff
Question and Answer period
10 Min Break
Break out Rooms for final steps
Back to main room for final closing remarks
Remember we offer the following benefits:
• Medical, Dental, Vision and Flexible Spending Plan offered.
• Voluntary Benefits Offered
(Life Insurance, Hospitalization, Cancer & Pet Insurance)
• Remote Work (Telework capacity based on role)
• Various Leave Policies (Vacation, PTO and Sick Time)
• Professional Development and Tuition Reimbursement
• Student Loan Forgiveness Program
• Holidays and Floating Days Offered
• Role expense management and Travel Reimbursement policies.
• Paycom - Self Service System - https://youtu.be/FkWSIvflWvk
• Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Offered
• Employee Referral Program
Please remove to keep your camera on, professional dress and feel free to drink coffee and water during the interview event and virtual tour.