This position is open to officing in our Tigard location.
The Fleet Management Specialist is responsible for coordinating mechanical and equipment services for the USP mobile clinic fleet in the assigned geography. The Fleet Specialist provides fleet operation services for the clinic program staff to facilitate effective dental and medical care in the field and has overall responsibility to monitor and minimize the number of down days of vehicle, generator/power, and related equipment. The Equipment and Fleet Specialist coordinates vehicle storage, maintenance, service, repairs, inspections, transport for those services, and drives to events and clinics as needed. This position ensures the training of drivers and best practices for driver behavior, vehicle fleet planning, as well as maintenance and monitoring of them.
Medical Teams International Calling:
Daring to love like Jesus, we boldly break barriers to health and restore wholeness in a hurting world.
Service, Maintenance and Troubleshooting
- Troubleshoot problems in the field to avoid downtime and ensure major equipment or vehicle repairs is completed.
- Maintain and perform basic maintenance to the mobile units and on-board dental equipment.
- Make simple, non-engine, onboard repairs.
- Support IT needs onboard vehicles including cradle point, digital x-ray, and other applications used by clinic team.
- Coordinate repairs and schedule services with contracted repair shop.
- Maintain and evaluate fleet data with approved software to maximize efficiency and productivity of the fleet.
- Cultivate and maintain strategic vendor relationships.
Safety, Security, and Monitoring
- Ensure daily vehicle pre-checks and post-checks are completed, Safety Action Forms are completed as needed and filed with appropriate department, routine vehicle maintenance is completed, and safety is a priority.
- Maintain tracking of vehicle warranties and monitor insurance claims.
- Monitor fleet budget with Business Services Manager.
- Support safeguarding of program participants and employees through promoting an environment of awareness and upholding the code of conduct provisions of Medical Teams Protection from Sexual Exploitation & Abuse, Child & Vulnerable Adult protection, and harassment-free workplace policies.
Intra-Department Coordination and Training
- Coordinate with staff and proper external experts on where to dispose of grey water.
- Coordinate vehicle transportation and logistics, monitoring mechanical services for fleet and dental equipment, repairs, general maintenance and deliveries; and assuring that clinic managers are leveraging resources and schedules appropriately.
- Work directly with scheduling coordinators to communicate down vehicles, collaborate on back-up plans in the event of unplanned vehicle down time, and its effect on clinics.
- Evaluate driving performances of all mobile clinic drivers annually and provide feedback and remediation as needed.
- Provide supervision and back up for transportation of vehicles.
- Assist in moving vans from site to site.
- Collect or arrange for collection of hazardous waste from each van and store appropriately until able to dispose of properly.
- Train drivers as part of onboarding new mobile clinic staff.
- Coordinate with Program Staff on van equipment repairs, maintenance, and trainings.
Fleet Strategy and Replacement
- Assist with strategic planning for fleet, including program expansion, and design/build/order process of new vans and equipment.
- Support Medical Teams Business Services Manager with replacement strategy and new vehicle acquisition and delivery.
- Maintain data logs for all fleet van and equipment, including the scheduling of maintenance, repairs, fluid level checks, generator daily checks when used, vehicle inspection calendar, vehicle registrations, and inspection of ancillary fleet and dental equipment (fire extinguishers, smoke alarms, carbon monoxide monitors and air conditioning filters).
- Attend and participate in meetings regarding Medical Teams and US Programs.
- Fully participate in good teamwork with staff and promote community relationships of Medical Teams.
- Attend staff trainings as required, including dental/medical equipment trainings and safety trainings.
- Utilize volunteers when appropriate.
- Additional duties as assigned.