JOB PURPOSE: Responsible for providing excellent customer service in selling art materials and designing custom framing, receiving and stocking and store maintenance.
- Demonstrate the ability to assist customers with art materials and techniques.
- Facilitate special orders and store transfers of requested items from other store locations.
- Responsible for the transfer of the bank deposit from the store to the bank.
- Be aware of special sales and promotions and impart that information to the customer.
- Receive cash, credit or debit charges, check payments and redeem gift certificates from customers for purchasing merchandise.
- Handle merchandise returns of store products for customers, granting store credits or exchanges only.
- Create invoices for store charges.
- Responsible for keeping assigned work areas neat and stocked daily.
- Receive shipped merchandise by matching receiving work sheets with the shipped product.
- Stock received merchandise.
- Prepare merchandising displays.
- Assist customers with frame design and completed framed art pickups.
- Maintain a professional demeanor when relating to superiors, coworkers and customers.
- Comply with company policy and procedures.