The Digital Marketing Manager plans and executes digital marketing to increase consideration, nurture habit and drive subscriptions for Andrews McMeel Universal Digital brands.
The Digital Marketing Manager reports to the Director, Digital Products Marketing and collaborates closely with the Digital Products teams to design, build, execute and analyze marketing campaigns that increase active users, deepen engagement and materially grow the subscriber base for our paid digital products (PuzzleSociety.com, GoComics.com) and promotions that drive traffic and engagement with our digital properties (FarSide.com, UExpress.com) to support the growth of profitable revenue.
Areas of responsibility include - content marketing, email marketing, social media (monitoring, paid/organic), SEM/SEO, digital media, site retargeting, influencer outreach, event promotion, performance reporting, and budget management. The candidate will be focused on managing to a profitable return on marketing spend to meet business plan objectives. As such, this position will have a direct and measurable link between his/her contributions and overall revenue growth.
- Contribute to Digital Marketing strategy development
- Manage the development, implementation and optimization of the digital subscriber acquisition strategy
- Manage creation and implementation of effective digital products digital marketing campaigns:
- Identify Target Audience(s) using first- and third-party data
- Develop marketing campaign strategy and creative briefs
- Manage development of creative assets
- Build and implement media plans designed to drive new users and subscribers
- Ongoing testing and optimization across the user funnel
- Lead acquisition reporting cadence and process
- Monitor and optimize campaigns, including creative testing to ensure a positive return on cost per acquisition
- Ad hoc support of digital properties including: social campaigns, lead generation and email marketing
- Use social listening tools to measure impact of social efforts and to identify and engage influencers to drive incremental traffic
- Partner effectively with Product, Creative and Content teams internally
- Monitor trends and identify opportunities to increase brand presence/social engagement
- Direct ad hoc development of Creator social media best practice playbooks designed to drive incremental site traffic, Monitor trends and identify opportunities to increase brand presence/social engagement
- Oversee overarching email strategy and social presence across platforms and handles
- Directly manage 1-2 Digital Marketing associates/interns and assist in the recruitment, selection, and onboarding process
- Oversee any contractors, agencies or other third-party vendor relationships brought in to work on projects related to the lines of business associated with this position
- Monitor and report on competitor and industry trends
- Actively seek new platforms, tactics and technologies that have potential to positively impact user growth
- Proven experience driving and optimizing new users acquisition, member engagement and conversion
- Experience using social media monitoring and publishing tools and knowledge of social media best practices
- Embraces a test and learn approach including creative testing and landing page optimization
- Demonstrates strong analytical skills in measuring and reporting on marketing programs and KPIs
- Self-starter, self-directed, ability to work independently and achieve objectives within expected timelines.
- Ability to work within a dynamic environment across multiple concurrent projects
- Excellent marketing and business acumen; critical thinking aptitude, sound judgment.
- Excellent verbal and written business communication skills; communicates proactively, clearly and concisely.
- Persuasive presentation skills; ability to effectively translate and articulate data into actionable insights
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively across different functions and areas and with all levels of employees and management.
- Works with colleagues and peers in a professional and collaborative style.
- Interest in entertainment industry; desire to work in a highly creative environment