- Terminal academic degree in Bible related field, with emphasis in Old Testament, from an accredited institution. PhD preferred.
- Ordained Minister in the Church of the Nazarene or eligible for ordination
- Local church pastoral experience
- Higher education teaching experience
- Proficient in Hebrew and Greek biblical languages
- Familiarity with common in-class teaching tools (PowerPoint, iPad apps, language tools) as well as learning management systems (e.g. Moodle)
- Ability to conduct and publish research, create academic presentations, and lead lay level training in Bible related fields of content specialization
- Giftedness in relating to and having meaningful conversation with young adults
Application: Please download the following documentation when applying on-line at www.mnu.edu/jobs - VIEW JOBS.
- Letter of application
- Complete curriculum vita
- Copies of University transcripts from all universities from which degrees were received (scan and attach).
- Statement of faith, including personal faith history and vision for integrating faith and learning (2 pages maximum)
Statement of Faith: MidAmerica Nazarene University is an intentionally Christian Community and desires that all employees in positions of leadership reflect a foundational Christian position in word, attitude and action. While there is no predetermined length or format for the Personal Statement of Faith, the norm is a one or two page narrative document describing the applicant’s central Christian beliefs, significant formative influences in the applicant’s Christian experience (e.g., religious experiences of conversion or the affirmation of one’s faith, one’s family and/or home life, spiritual aspirations), and ways in which the applicant’s faith is being demonstrated in daily patterns and practices.
Review of applications begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Expected start date is for the 20-21 academic school year.
MidAmerica is very much interested in reviewing applications from qualified members of traditionally underrepresented groups in America, including women and racial and ethnic minorities.
MidAmerica Nazarene University policy prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, sex, religion,* age, color, creed, national or ethnic origin, marital status, disability, genetic information, or any other legally protected class in the recruitment and admission of students, in the hiring process, during employment, and in the operation of all university programs, activities, and services.
*Christian faith and employment at MidAmerica Nazarene University: MidAmerica Nazarene University is an expression of the Church of the Nazarene. It reserves the right to prefer employees on the basis of religion (Title VII, Section 702-703, U.S. Civil Rights Act of 1964). Preferred candidates demonstrate a strong commitment to the Christian faith, active participation in a local church, and a philosophy of Christian higher education consistent with the Wesleyan tradition.
Read the university’s full Non-Discrimination/Equal Employment Opportunity Statement at www.mnu.edu/jobs.