Would you like to make a difference working with an amazing team of individuals helping veterans? Come and work with us at Community Catalysts with our Veterans Community Services division!
This position is a 4 month-long position with potential to move into a permanent full-time position with benefits.
The Emergency Housing Assistance (EHA) Manager is responsible for the daily operation and supervision of emergency housing assistance (motels/hotels) for eligible SSVF Veteran households during the pandemic and while EHA guidance has been expanded to allow for housing of all Veteran households that are homeless or in congregate settings to be housed in motels/hotels while using SSVF funds under EHA.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Provide leadership, supervise, and evaluate personnel in his/her jurisdiction.
- Establish and maintain positive and productive relationships with motels/hotels that will collaborate to temporarily house Veteran households, during COVID-19 while assigned staff search for permanent housing
- Develop and ensure that EHA protocols are followed and adjust in accordance with SSVF guidance and program efficiency, in consultation with Regional Manager
- Review, edit and approve submitted EHA financial assistance packets to accounting to ensure accuracy and required documents are submitted for payment/check processing
- Maintain regular communication with EHA motels/hotels where VCS Veteran households are temporarily residing
- Respond to motel/hotel communications regarding invoices and client concerns or issues as they arise
- Ensure accurate tracking of all EHA enrolled Veteran households are maintained on Consumer List and Clarity Service Transactions
- Review invoices and financial documents to ensure all required financial packets are submitted in an accurate and timely manner
- Review and implement all ongoing SSVF EHA guidance, as it pertains to COVID 19 funding and guidance
- Train and direct EHA program assistants (temp employees) to perform their duties in accordance with the policies and procedures of Community Catalysts of California and SSVF guidance
- Review and approve timesheets and expenses in accordance with CCC and temp agency protocols
- Operate the EHA program in a fiscally responsible manner
- Provide direct service/interventions with Veteran households as needed and required
- Perform all job-related duties as assigned