We are looking for a responsible, dedicated, and enthusiastic individual to work as our San Diego Direct Service Coordinator. This is a full-time position and requires a special aptitude for accuracy, confidentiality, organizational skills, management skills, and interpersonal skills.
AS THE DIRECT SERVICE COORDINATOR YOU ARE responsible for but not limited to performing the following essential job duties:
- Advance client’s decision-making, productivity and participation in a range of daily activities. Facilitate the client’s inclusion in positive community experiences.
- Promote independence in daily activities yet be mindful of client’s intellectual and physical disabilities and assist with, meals, cooking, household maintenance, grooming and dressing, as assigned. Maintain current knowledge of client’s needs.
- Implement individual training and support programs under the direction of the case responsible person.
- Maintain positive communications and relationships with his/her supervisor, clients, landlords, employers, involved members of families, Regional Center, D.O.R. and other individuals in the community.
- Participate in the evaluation of the client through completion of task analysis and other requested assessment devices.
- Document required activity records, reports, incidents, and client evaluations in a timely, complete, and accurate manner as required.
- Provide positive advocacy when the individual’s preferences, needs, or talents are neglected or overlooked.
- Address challenging behaviors proactively and respectfully, using methods outlined in plans and training.
- Oversee client activities and environment throughout shift to ensure the fulfillment of health and safety needs.
- Assist with training employees to perform their direct service duties in accordance with the policies and procedures of Community Catalysts of California.
- Prepare and maintain current staffing schedules and coordinate new staff training schedules.
- Be part of the on-call rotation as needed and required.
- Monitor and report to case responsible person on client and employee activities.
- Complete CSPs, monthly/quarterly reports, evaluations, intakes and assessments under the direction of the case responsible person.
- Review activity logs of clients and report significant events or concerns to case responsible person.
- Provide direct service at least 60% of logged time to ensure clients service is rendering per their CSP.
- Other duties as assigned.
Form Connections. Find Meaning. Foster Success.
WORK SCHEDULE: The Direct Services Supervisor is expected to perform duties assigned during regular working hours, which is normally 40 hours per week. However, please note that workweeks will be determined by the needs of the clients. The Direct Service Coordinator may be called upon to work in the evenings or on weekends. No holiday or overtime may be worked without the prior approval of the Regional Manager/Program Leader or his/her designee.