The Front Desk Agent is responsible for daily operations and overseeing all front desk functions. Responsibilities also include effectively handling guest questions, problems, concerns, and needs related to lodging or food and beverage, as well as, High Hampton itself.
Must have flexibility to work weekends and holidays.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Answers and responds to guests requests and individual needs in a timely manner
- Maintains a keen understanding of Opera functions
- Resolves billing questions and concerns
- Checks hotel availability and assists with making reservations
- Checks guests in and out and gives proper welcome packets and room assignments
- Maintains inventory such as, movies, medical supplies, batteries, personal hygiene items, etc.
- Maintains a clean and organized work area
- Reviews daily reports and works with Front Desk team to ensure all information is correct in system
- Reviews guests profile and reservations prior to arrival to ensure all information is input correctly
- Assists with booking activities
- Ensures all guest are charges correctly for items purchased
- Understands the Point of Sale operations for gift shops and incidental charges
- Reviews all resume to ensure all group needs are met
- Assists Sales team with groups by preparing BEO’s, group rooms, group arrival and group key packets
Must comply with all company policies and procedures.
To perform the essential functions of this position regular and consistent attendance in required.
Must be able to work well with other Team Members, Managers and interact with our guests.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or equivalent
2-3 years Hospitality or Customer Service experience
Basic understanding of MS Office Programs
Experience with OPERA is preferred
Must be capable of learning new computer software programs quickly
Must have excellent written & verbal communication skills
Must be able to communicate effectively with guest, team members and managers
Understanding of basic math and general accounting
Must be able to remain calm under pressure
Must be able to simultaneously manage diverse tasks
Must be able to exercise judgment and make decisions based on job knowledge and awareness of company goals
Must be able to sit or be on feet for long periods of time
Must be able to lift up to 50lbs
Must be able to safely operate a company vehicle or golf cart
Must be able to work outdoors in all weather conditions
General office / front desk guest reception area
1,400 acres of High Hampton property