JobsOhio is a private, nonprofit corporation designed to drive job creation and new capital investment in Ohio through business attraction, retention and expansion efforts. Economic development is about creating a place where companies can thrive and individuals can enjoy a higher standard of living. JobsOhio plays a leading role in economic development and serves as a catalyst to accelerate growth by investing in communities, helping Ohio’s businesses expand and attracting new companies to the state – all contributing to job creation, greater payrolls and more investment.
About JobsOhio Growth Capital Fund
JobsOhio Growth Capital Fund (JOGC) is a co-investment fund investing alongside professional risk capital investors (institutional and corporate venture capital funds with sector-specific thesis and track record of exits). We look for transformative, high-growth early-stage companies that will become Ohio’s next generation of great employers and intellectual property creators. JOGC has $100M under management in 56 portfolio companies and co-invested with 63 non-Ohio and 18 Ohio-based professional funds.
JOGC’s portfolio: https://www.jobsohio.com/programs-services/incentives/jobsohio-growth-capital/
Summary of Position
The Venture Analyst, JobsOhio Growth Capital Fund will support the JOGC Strategy and Investing team. In this role, you will partner with the team to capture/analyze data across portfolio companies and prospective investments. You will also help with strategy and execution for ongoing processes including both the fund and other strategic operational and financial analyses. Additionally, you will assist in sourcing new investments, and building and maintaining relationships.
*This position is primarily remote with some need for in-office collaboration.
Duties and Responsibilities
Transaction and Strategy Support:
- Assist in evaluating inbound leads against investment criteria, manage top of the funnel
- Conduct due diligence on investment opportunities: qualitative (e.g. PitchBook, investor/customer interviews, etc.) and quantitative (return scenario modeling) analyses.
- Prepare briefing documents (investment memos, cap tables, financials, etc.) to support investment decisions
- Manage reporting process by tracking and logging portfolio companies in existing and new software systems(e.g. Equity Effect, SalesForce, Carta, PitchBook, etc.
- Operationalize and support PortCos in post-close reporting processes (CEO updates, financials)
- Develop and maintain database of venture and strategic investors
- Research market areas and sectors of strategic interest to JOGC
Fund Management Support:
- Manage Portfolio Management system (Equity Effect) to highest levels of data accuracy by staying on top of latest financings and liquidation waterfalls for portfolio companies
- Input and maintain company specific information - updates, board decks, financials, updated cap tables, etc, in relevant systems on a quarterly basis
- Assist in quarterly BOD reporting, by generating relevant data from internal systems and analyzing it for trends and fund-level return impact
- Assist in modeling of fund economics, strategy, and forecasting through regular updating of tracking and modeling documents
- Assist as needed in regular cadence of meetings with accounting and finance
Communications and Marketing Support:
- Operationalize regular content updates for JOGC web site
- Assist with additional education content sourcing
- Encouraged to engage with community, university, and collaborator events to gain deal flow and useful contacts
- Assist with outreach to VCs
- Assist with investor and portfolio events