We are searching for an Assistant to join our Purchasing/Admin team to work in our New York office which is steps away from Grand Central station.
- Receive, sort and distribute incoming mail and facilitate outgoing mail/packages
- General administrative (reception) and office services duties. (This will include opening and lifting boxes (as needed), light moving of conference room tables/chairs, dishwasher operation before leaving for the day and upon arrival), etc.
- Greet public and clients and direct them to the correct staff member
- Order and maintain all office/kitchen supplies and keep kitchen area clean and tidy
- Assist with event planning and coordination
- Assist with basic accounting / human resources office services tasks as assigned/needed.
- Coordinate messenger service
- Ensure office equipment is properly maintained and serviced
- Act as facilities liaison as needed
- Utilize purchasing system for procurement of products
- Initiate and develop new vendor sales leads that help create new business opportunities
- Be a reliable team player with an attention to detail to ensure accurate work
- Look for opportunities to expand this role