Education and Training:
- Requires a High School Diploma or GED.
- Requires a Valid Washington State Driver's License and be eligible for Tribe's Vehicle Insurance.
- Requires the ability to attend in-service training as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Requires knowledge and experience working with Native American Children and Native Culture.
- Requires knowledge and experience in recognizing that children have individual rates of development as well as individual interests, temperament’s, languages, cultural backgrounds and learning styles.
- Requires knowledge and experience in record keeping and reporting preferred.
- Requires knowledge of reservation lifestyles.
- Requires knowledge of emergency bus evacuation procedures.
- Requires knowledge of or in the pursuit of basic methods, used instruction and handling of student behavior.
- Requires the ability to observe health and safety regulations.
- Requires the ability to communicate through speech, vision and hearing.
- Requires the ability to keep calm under stressful situations.
- Requires the ability to abstain from any abuse of alcohol and/or drugs during employment.
- Requires the ability to understand and apply rules, procedures and policies.
- Requires the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with supervisors and subordinates.
- Requires the ability to successfully clear a Criminal Background Check to include Federal, State and Tribal; maintaining throughout the duration of employment.
- Requires the ability to adhere to strict confidentiality.
- Requires the ability to submit to post-accident and reasonable suspicion drug testing.
- Requires the ability to lift heavy objects, 50lbs or more.
- Requires the ability to stand, sit and bend.
- Requires the ability to sign the PSIS Confidentiality Oath Form.
Note: Pursuant to Tribal Policy, if this position is safety sensitive it is subject to pre-employment drug testing. In addition, this position is subject to reasonable suspicion and post-accident drug testing.
TRIBAL MEMBER AND INDIAN PREFERENCE WILL APPLY; PREFERENCE WILL ALSO BE GIVEN TO HONORABLY DISCHARGED VETERANS WHO ARE MINIMALLY QUALIFIED.
If required of this position, you must possess and maintain a valid Washington State driver’s license and be eligible for the Tribes’ Vehicle Insurance. In addition, this position may be subject to pre-employment background clearances. If applicable, these clearances must be maintained throughout employment.
CONTACT INFORMATION: Confederated Tribes of the Colville Reservation, Human Resources Office, P. O. Box 150, Nespelem, WA 99155, (509) 634-2181 firstname.lastname@example.org