Education and Training:
- Typically requires an Associate’s Degree in Education, OR successful Praxis Test, OR minimum of 32 semester or 48 quarter credits and working on a working on an Educational Plan within timeline. (Transcripts Required).
- Requires a Valid Washington State Drivers License and be eligible for the Tribe's insurance and the ability to obtain a First Aid/CPR card within 30 working days.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Requires knowledge and experience working with Native American Children and Native Culture.
- Requires knowledge and experience working with at-risk/high-risk and/or children preferred.
- Requires knowledge of basic reading, writing, and math; basic clerical and record keeping procedures.
- Requires knowledge and experience in recognizing that children have individual rates of development as well as individual interests, temperament’s, languages, cultural backgrounds and learning styles.
- Requires the ability to identify the general needs of students with behavior and emotional disabilities.
- Requires the ability to work without immediate supervision in direct one-on-one and small group instruction; work in a team environment; carry out behavior management and conduct academic testing.
- Requires the ability to work with interruptions and respond quickly in emergency situations.
- Requires the ability to successfully clear a Criminal Background Check to include Federal, State and Tribal; maintaining throughout the duration of employment.
- Requires the ability to adhere to strict confidentiality.
Note: Pursuant to Tribal Policy, if this position is safety sensitive it is subject to pre-employment drug testing. In addition, this position is subject to reasonable suspicion and post-accident drug testing.
TRIBAL MEMBER AND INDIAN PREFERENCE WILL APPLY; PREFERENCE WILL ALSO BE GIVEN TO HONORABLY DISCHARGED VETERANS WHO ARE MINIMALLY QUALIFIED.
If required of this position, you must possess and maintain a valid Washington State driver’s license and be eligible for the Tribes’ Vehicle Insurance. In addition, this position may be subject to pre-employment background clearances. If applicable, these clearances must be maintained throughout employment.
CONTACT INFORMATION: Roweena Antone, Confederated Tribes of the Colville Reservation, Human Resources Office, P. O. Box 150, Nespelem, WA 99155, (509) 634-2296 email@example.com