- Must be able to negotiate a 36” jump and climb from the emergency door.
- Have the ability to walk forward and backward without assistance.
- You will be tested on emergency evacuation procedures.
- Must be able to tolerate hot and cold weather,
- Must be able to tolerate diesel fuel fumes, odors, and moderate dust conditions.
- Must be able to work in an environment with limited to moderate level of supervision and an atmosphere of informal autonomy: This requires an adaptability to variable pressures and paces in any given workday.
Activity: Loading and unloading students.
Longest Single Duration: Varies
Terrain: Gravel/blacktop/concrete and/or bus aisle 22 steps to the back of the bus. Bus aisle is 12” wide.
Total Time: 3 to 7 hours.
Activity: While riding on bus.
Longest Single Duration: 2 hours.
Type of Seat: As normally provided by School Bus manufactures.
Activity: Must lift wheelchair dependent children during emergency situations
Activity: Grasping wheelchair handles securement of the wheelchair and lap belt.
Frequency: 6 to 8 times per day (more frequent on handicap buses)
Handle Height: 30 to 42 inches.
Handle Distance: Body width plus area for walking.
Bending or Stooping:
Activity: Fasten belts and other safety restraints.
Activity: Climbing in and out of the bus.
Frequency: 6 to 8 times per day (more frequent on Handicap buses).
Note: Three steps 12 “each approximately.
Activity: Attending to the needs of students.
Activity: A minimum of 20/40 vision in both eyes.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
Workday hours are 4-8 hours per day.
Required Education and Experience
- Must be 18 years of age or older at the time of hire.
- Must pass a physical examination.
- Must pass a drug/ alcohol screen, and submit to drug/ alcohol testing as required.
- Must complete 10 to 20 hours attendant training programs including first aid and CPR.
- Must be willing to submit, or have a felony criminal record check.
- Must be a US citizen or have proper Immigration and Naturalization Service work permits.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.