- The Camp Director at Camp Misty Mountain must have a passion for the outdoors and the ability to inspire and lead our youth development focused aquatic and equestrian programs. The ideal candidate will take a visionary approach to opportunities and be able to convey a clear understanding of the organization’s mission. The Camp Director is a role model for girls and should be actively involved in the camp program.
- The Camp Director leads a team that provides outstanding year-round outdoor program and exceptional customer service while building relationships within the community. This position manages the physical facility at camp to ensure safety, cleanliness and financial stability.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Program and Services Delivery:
- Provide leadership and direction for the Camp while evaluating, planning, and directing camp operations, health and safety, and programs
- Plan, develop, and direct summer resident camp program with the support of the Assistant Camp Director (ACD) that meets the needs and interests of Girl Scout members and other girls in the camp’s target populations
- Ensure delivery of camp programs in a safe and quality manner
- Annually seek and analyze feedback from girls, families and staff regarding the quality, safety and enjoyment of the programs, facilities and staff to identify areas of improvement
- Coordinate the planning and execution of mid-week and weekend outdoor program opportunities, in non-summer months, for Girl Scout groups and other users in coordination with the Camp Program Coordinator (CPC)
- Develop a plan for and market camp and year-round programs to internal and external audiences.
- Coordinate food services and program services in conjunction with ACD and CPC
- Grow and promote our aquatic/lakefront program that includes sailing, kayaking, SUP, canoeing, wind surfing and tubing.
- Grow and promote our equestrian program, in coordination with the Equestrian Specialist, that includes English and Western, ring and trail
- Supervise the administration of high risk activities; pool, horses, archery, riflery, challenge course
- Ensure the health and safety of campers and staff
- Support the development of volunteers and staff by providing training opportunities in outdoor education and Girl Scout program
- Have a visible, regular presence on the front lines while summer camp is in session
- Work with Camp Ranger to create a proactive maintenance and risk plan.
- Ensure the plan is carried out
- Work with the Director of Risk to develop and implement crisis and risk management procedures, including, but not limited to all required safety trainings and incident management, dam management, well management, forest management and lake management
Supervision and Budget Management:
- Manage the process of recruiting, hiring, training, and supervising seasonal camp staff in coordination with the Assistant Camp Director and/or Camp Program Coordinator
- Supervise the permanent positions including: Ranger, Equestrian Specialist, Camp Program Coordinator and Assistant Camp Director
- Plan for, monitor and address staff morale and resolves personnel conflicts
- Formulate, submit, and administer assigned camp budget, evaluation and reporting
- Support the council’s mission statement, goals, and objectives
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor