This position is based in our East Sudan Field Office, with frequent site visits.
Responsible for the implementation and technical supervision of all health and nutrition programming at the regional and country level. Takes the lead in monitoring service quality, drug supply, staff development, reporting and exercises budgetary responsibility. This is a 6-month limited duration position.
Medical Teams International Calling
Daring to love like Jesus, we boldly break barriers to health and restore wholeness in a hurting world.
- Work closely with the Program Manager/Team Lead, senior management and field teams to determine operational needs of the health and nutrition program
- Monitor and evaluate health and nutrition service delivery objectives, indicators and outcomes of regional programs; Make program adjustments as needed to align with donor and Medical Teams’ requirements
- Oversee timely procurement of equipment and adequate drug supply in accordance with consumption needs, national drug protocol and program budget
- Assist in implementing HR functions related to staff management (hiring, training, promotion, disciplinary action, termination) and ensure training and capacity building of health facility staff based on assessed needs
- Represent Medical Teams at health and nutrition coordination meetings at regional and national level, task force meetings and other partner coordination meetings and communicate relevant information back to staff and HQ technical team
- Maintain relationships as first point of contact with the Ministry of Health and local health authorities, donor technical teams and partners
- Act as last line clinical consultation and make recommendations for referrals for specialized care
- Lead production of site and donor reports including compiling and analysing data, compiling narrative and analysis
- Work with management and partner agencies for outbreak preparedness and contingency planning
- Lead sector strategy and project design development for new donor proposals and budgeting processes
- Ensure direct reports have clear objectives, receive mentorship and participate in capacity building opportunities
- Conduct performance evaluations and enforce disciplinary procedures as per Medical Teams International policy
- Ensure the Safeguarding of program participants and employees through promoting an environment of awareness and upholding the code of conduct provisions of Medical Teams Protection from Sexual Exploitation & Abuse, Child & Vulnerable Adult protection, and harassment-free workplace policies
- Other duties as assigned