AAPA is seeking a well-rounded research professional to serve as a Research Data Coordinator to advise and assist primary investigators in best managing and utilizing 30 years of data.
The Research Data Coordinator will use standard data management protocols to advise and assist primary investigators in developing and implementing a data management plan that focuses on the collection, structure/format, coding, review, entry, validation, editing, and reporting of research. The incumbent will achieve this by creating plans for cataloging existing data spanning 30 years as well as for incoming data. The Research Data Coordinator will assist the staff with the development of surveys as well as review resulting data for inconsistencies or anomalies that could skew analytical results. The incumbent will generate and review documentation for effective data management and create rules and procedures for data sharing. In additional to data management, the Research Data Coordinator will aggregate publicly available data sources into internal data sets and develop tools for disseminate the information primarily for internal use. The Research Data Coordinator will maintain an extensive bibliography using EndNote and must be familiar with conducting literature reviews.
- Establishing and maintaining data management protocols;
- Developing and maintaining data dictionaries across data sets;
- Ongoing development and improvement of databases used for new and existing studies;
- Downloading and aggregating publicly available data;
- Developing surveys, including writing and programming surveys and reports;
- Preparing large survey datasets with a focus on quality assurance;
- Reviewing data for inconsistencies;
- Producing meaningful ways to display and disseminate data including creating meaningful data tables, effectively utilizing graphics and writing clear, concise final report;
- Maintaining a research bibliography in EndNote; and
- Completing other related duties as assigned