You are a natural leader and licensed architect with elite project management skills who is looking to grow with our employee-owned business located in our Hamilton, New Jersey office; you are eager and excited to lead and inspire design teams, you enjoy mentoring and developing emerging professionals, you take ownership of outcomes, and you drive success. You are a strategic thinker, with exemplary management and leadership style. You have career aspirations to become a member of the leadership team. You will make sure the job gets done, and have fun doing it.
About the Role
We are looking for a results-driven and talented licensed architect for our Senior Project Manager role to lead project teams in our Hamilton, New Jersey office. We have immediate needs for K12 and Senior Living Project Managers. This exciting opportunity will allow you to work on both local and national projects. As an integral member of the management team, you will execute projects to meet design, profitability, and deadline targets. You will actively mentor project architects and technical staff, take a pro-active approach to staff development, and demonstrate keen problem-solving and stellar communication skills. You will participate in the selection, development, and retention of team members. As an employee-owned company, this is YOUR company.
- Manage, communicate, and coordinate all technical aspects of the project; delegate components appropriately
- Adherence to schedule, making adjustments when needed
- Manage complex projects and provides guidance to project architects; including monitoring project status and profitability
- Mentoring of project architects and other project team members leading to increasing maturity and soundness of judgment in decision-making and in anticipating and solving project-related problems
- Define and focus the goals of the client and continuously communicate these effectively throughout the project team members
- Develop and maintain a positive leadership image and environment to promote staff morale and teamwork
Quality Assurance/Quality Control:
- Review project team’s work
- Schedule and assure fresh eyes review occurs
- Review sub-consultant’s work
- Responsibility in developing leads and maintaining contacts within the field that results in bringing in new work; market clients for future projects in close consultation with the Principal-in-Charge and or CEO; participate in contract negotiations; participates in proposal presentations, including draft budgets/fees; may serve as presenter for interviews and support presenter in interviews for smaller or less complex projects.
- Attend networking functions of targeted clients/customers to ensure brand/name recognition
Administration and Financial Management
- Development, management, and improvement of project management methodologies
- Participates in ongoing Team Performance Management, Training & Development, and Selection of key team members
- Request appropriate staffing utilizing the schedule and budget as guidelines. Assist the Principal in developing and managing project man-hours and planning schedule
- Assist in recruitment and interviewing activities
- Performance management; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems
- Business acumen in the area of budgeting, labor forecasting, setting fee to achieve targeted profit level, risk management for projects
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Ability to communicate effectively both in written format and oral presentation.
- Ability to multi-task and establish priorities
- Ability to maintain organization in a changing environment
- Ability to serve as an agent of change and foster positive employee morale
- Ability to delegate tasks appropriately
- Exhibits initiative, responsibility, flexibility and leadership
- Possess an in depth understanding of most building systems
- Possess a thorough knowledge of contract administration and office procedures
- Possess a thorough knowledge and ability to implement quality project management processes and methodologies
- General knowledge of AutoCAD/BIM/Revit; Bluebeam; Sketchup; or 3-D Design and Production
- Ability to use Microsoft Office products such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required
- Knowledge of Deltek for project planning/budgeting/profitability is desired
Bachelors or Masters Degree in Architecture from an accredited college/university.
At least 15 years of experience, with demonstrated leadership skills successfully leading project teams, Profit/Loss capability, and project management responsibility for large scale projects.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Architectural License in the United States (or eligibility for reciprocity) required; or other related discipline certification or license
Project Management Certification is desired
LEED or equivalent designation in sustainable design desired
We offer competitive and comprehensive benefits packages. Our full benefits handbook will be forward to you upon request.
- We are an employee-owned company and YES, you will be an owner and receive stock.
- We encourage our employees to pursue local and professional advocacy groups
- We provide the opportunity to help with pro-bono initiatives that brings Architecture to the community
- We offer a comprehensive benefits package, including a 401(k) and ESOP
- Paid AIA membership and Professional License Renewals
- Reimbursement for professional designation exam(s)
- Professional Development opportunities that align with the Firm's leadership succession plan and/or individual development plan. WE WANT YOU TO GET PROMOTED
- Social and team building events
- Flexible work hours
- Competitive pay, bonus opportunities and year-round half-day Friday’s to jump start the weekend
Spiezle Architectural Group is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/Disability/Veteran.
For additional information, please visit our website at www.spiezle.com