Seattle's Union Gospel Mission is currently looking for a Distribution Center Assistant to join the Gifts-In-Kind team in Seattle, WA.
Seattle's Union Gospel Mission is a private faith-based organization that helps the community to reach out with compassion to those who have lost hope. And as a community, we empower one another to build, lead and give back.
The main responsibilities of the Distribution Center Assistant are to help connect the inventory of the Distribution Center with the various ministers at the Seattle Union Gospel Mission. As well as helping support other non-profits throughout King County. This is accomplished through helping donors, sorting donations, leading volunteers and giving excellent customer service to clients. A strong candidate will be able to help meet department and mission goals.
Our Gifts-In-Kind team is looking for its newest member and we think that could be you!
Monday - Friday from 8:00 am to 4:30 pm
Essential Job Duties
- Ability to successfully operate a digital inventory system including but not limited to:
- Properly receive product into inventory
- Properly transfer inventory to different locations in the warehouse
- Able to accurately and efficiently pick orders for Mission facilities and non-profit partners.
- Ability to identify items and sort them properly into pre-existing categories.
- Maintain accurate records for backup.
- Maintain and keep designated area clean, safe and organized.
- Establish and maintain professional relationships with customers, donors and co-workers through excellent customer service.
- Train and supervise volunteers on proper Distribution Center procedures and tasks.
- Attend and participate in all Mission, Division and Department meetings and trainings, as required.
- Any other job-related duties as assigned by supervisor.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- The successful candidate will have an active church/prayer life and demonstrate a strong desire to serve the Mission by ministering to those whom it serves.
- Must agree with Seattle’s Union Gospel Mission Statement of Faith, Mission and Vision Statements and have a personal ethos and work ethic that reflects the Mission’s Core Values.
- Sensitivity to cultural diversity is required.
- Seattle’s Union Gospel Mission accepts and encourages the involvement of volunteers at all levels in the organization. All Mission employees are expected to assist in the creation of meaningful and productive roles in which volunteers might serve in the organization, and to interact positively and cooperatively with our volunteers.
- Ability to successfully pass pre-employment drug and criminal background screenings.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs on a regular basis required.
- Ability to maintain and enforce a safe work environment at all times.
- Ability to operate all warehouse machinery including electric pallet jacks, and forklifts, training will be provided.
- Ability to obtain a food handlers card, training will be provided.
- Ability to be accurate and detail-oriented.
- Ability to arrive on time or before designated shift
- Ability to work alongside Mission staff, program clients/interns, donors and non-profit partners.
- Excellent customer service skills required.