This is a sales oriented position requiring advanced communication skills, a thorough knowledge of insurance products available through our agency. Capable of pursuing and closing sales of new and existing commercial lines accounts and retaining assigned book of commercial lines business.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Achieve objectives established in annual producer sales plan.
- Prospect for new business from existing clients and identified target groups.
- Contact prospects for the purpose of providing a quote and making sales appointments.
- Survey prospects to determine insurance needs, inspecting current insurance policies, risk management plans, property, products and records.
- Collect detailed risk and underwriting information including survey data and loss history.
- Develop and deliver formal proposals of insurance including details of coverage's, limits, deductibles and other pertinent information.
- Work with Account management service person and/or team to market and complete company submissions and selection of potential markets.
- Conduct client and prospect appointments communicating proposals and renewals, explaining details and communicating desire to conduct business.
- Introduce Account Manager to clients and request that service calls be directed to them and forward all service related calls to assigned Account Manager.
- Stay informed of all claims or service issues and become involved in resolution when required.
- Participate in renewals, when appropriate, by reviewing expiration listing with Account Manager to determine appropriate action and collection of information to prepare renewal submissions.
- Maintain production reports and attend all sales meetings as required.
- Promote agency and insurance industry in the community.
- Keep informed of industry developments through review of trade press and by attending insurance carrier training meetings on new products, etc.
- Perform other specific duties and projects as assigned by agency management.