The Camp Ranger will provide oversight and support for designated council campsite and equipment, keeping supervisor informed of progress and unusual problems at property. He/She will also provide exceptional customer service to troops and other guests on the property.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Oversight and care of the entire property including:
- Maintaining camp properties and facilities in good repair for use by council membership, and to ensure maximum security of facilities at all times.
- Executing preventative and restorative maintenance: repairs to buildings and equipment within ranger’s capabilities, in the areas of plumbing, carpentry, electrical, and painting. (Specific repairs to buildings, i.e., flooring, screening, plumbing, gutters, windows, electric, etc., painting such as camp buildings, and other.
- Maintain grounds such as cutting weeds and grass, trimming trees, and clearing brush.
- Perform lake maintenance and forest management to ensure longevity of council resources for use by membership and other guests
- Responsible for janitorial needs in camp facilities beyond what is outsourced
- Maintain certifications as required such as Certified Pool Operator.
- Comply with current insurance, local, county, state and federal government codes, laws, and regulations.
- Provide customer service for guests on the property including, but not limited to:
- Greeting guests and responding to needs to ensure an exceptional camp experience.
- Unlock buildings and prepare units for camping,
- Checking groups out when they have completed their camp experience and securing buildings and gates when guests leave.
- Provide emergency assistance at Mableton Business Center when needed.
- Maintain good peer relations with other staff.
- Other responsibilities expressed or implied by employment agreement (see specific site responsibilities).
- Other duties as assigned or determined by supervisor.