- Bachelors degree (BS) granted by a four-year college or university preferred
- Solid knowledge of computer applications is essential
- Experience with a restoration related contracting firm and/or negotiating with large loss scenarios highly preferred
- Good writing skills
- Working knowledge of residential, commercial, industrial and institutional estimating and property restoration
- Ability to develop and maintain client book of business
- Good communication skills are required for contacts with clients, property owners, and others
- Ability to create accurate scopes of work with minimal over/under errors
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations of only limited standardization.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, and schedule forms
- Have a satisfactory driving record
- Never been convicted of a felony
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ WORK ENVIRONMENT
- The vast majority of job assignments involve inspections under physically challenging circumstances and conditions. It is essential that technical employees perform many physical tasks included but not limited to the following:
- Climb ladders, stairs, and roofs
- Lift and set ladders and scaffolds
- Work in hot, humid, arid, extremely cold, wet, icy, noisy, and otherwise difficult conditions
- Work while suited in protective gear of various types
- Walk considerable distances over oftentimes irregular terrain while carrying equipment
- Tolerate the inconveniences and demands of travel
- Given that every technical employee must conduct inspections as well as read many documents, every technical employees vision must be correctable sufficient for automobile drivers license registration. Good peripheral vision and depth perception also are essential
Established in 1924, Haag is employee-owned and offers competitive benefits, which include a 401(k) plan with employer matching component; major medical, dental, and vision health coverage; company-provided life insurance with AD&D coverage; health savings account with employer contribution component; voluntary disability coverages; and generous paid time off. Our collaborative environment supports career advancement through professional training and development.
Haag is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.