The Fund for Public Health in New York City, (FPHNYC) is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization that is dedicated to the advancement of the health and well-being of all New Yorkers. To this end, in partnership with the New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene (DOHMH), FPHNYC incubates innovative public health initiatives implemented by DOHMH to advance community health throughout the city. It facilitates partnerships, often new and unconventional, between government and the private sector to develop, test, and launch new initiatives. These collaborations speed the execution of demonstration projects, effect expansion of successful pilot programs, and support rapid implementation to meet the public health needs of individuals, families, and communities across New York City.
DOHMH COVID-19 Vaccination Plan- Round 2 Supplemental Gotham Center, LIC
The New York City (NYC) Department of Health and Mental Hygiene (DOHMH) Bureau of Immunization (BOI) Citywide Immunization Registry (CIR) is a central record-keeping system established by DOHMH to track the immunization status of individual children and adults, monitor immunization levels in the population in a timely manner, and implement publicly purchased vaccine ordering, management, and accountability. The CIR is accessible to licensed health care providers, parents and agencies authorized by the DOHMH for the retrieval of immunization records for the purpose of ensuring that children and adults receive all required immunizations and are, thereby, protected from vaccine-preventable diseases.
The Data Analyst Specialist will support the health care providers and public users of the CIRs Web applications, which include the Online Registry, My Vaccine Record and Facility Manager and others, as they relate to Covid-19 vaccinations reported to the CIR and data usage, such as generating facility level reports. Candidate will be responsible for organizing, reviewing, and analyzing data, and utilizing the data to improve the functions, provider and patient experience and improving the data usage and quality of immunization records of patients. The candidate chosen for the position also will be responsible for data clean-up; have ability to using a variety of querying, analysis, and reporting tools. Candidate will be working with a team on CIR data and record correction requests that come through the online applications. Data clean-up will include merging data and contacting providers, agency partners and the public to ensure accuracy and completeness of data quality. Producing spreadsheets and reports related to data trends, clean-up progress, to support the COVID-19 Vaccine Program.
- Review records requiring manual corrections, analyzing trends of Covid-19 vaccine doses administered to New Yorkers by health care facilities across NYC.
- Review data related to program functions, provide analyses and corrections.
- Coordinate responses to web applications (i.e., Online Registry, MVR and Facility Registration) related issues reported by health care facilities and the public to the CIR; assist with ongoing review of open items, and outreach to health care providers and public to resolve end-user issues.
- Apprise senior staff of issues and relay any problems that need to be escalated for resolution
- Actively monitor usage of applications; identify problems, and assist with rapid resolution of problems
- Conduct quality assurance activities to assure that complete and accurate vaccine and facility records are submitted to and maintained in the CIR
- Conduct analyses to identify issues with the CIR Web applications, e.g., usage or report generation failures or connectivity problems
- Collaborate with internal and external technical staff as well as other BOI staff to develop, test, and implement enhancements to the CIRs Web applications
- Works closely with DOHMH research scientists and technical staff to plan, develop, implement, and evaluate protocols and research related to CIR data quality assurance.
- Prepare reports and presentations for NYC DOHMH, New York State, and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) on the influenza and Covid-19 vaccination campaigns.
- Coordinate data analyses and research efforts using CIR data with other units within BOI, DOHMH, and CDC.
- Participate in teleconference calls and meetings with CDC and immunization programs in public health departments in other states and cities.
- Performs other duties as needed.