The Deputy Director, Data Operations and Strategy is responsible for the performance, integrity and reporting of APAs membership database and e-commerce interface. This individual will serve as a subject-matter expert for both APA and District Branch/State Association membership business processes and will develop, document and implement database, reporting and analytics processes related to APAs Salesforce CRM. Working with the Director, Membership and Member Engagement, IT and the membership team, this role is responsible for development and oversight of APAs approach to data management and membership processes, developing and leading quality assurance and system testing protocols, and identifying opportunities to optimize the internal user and member experience. The Deputy Director is responsible for leading efforts to ensure Membership and Customer Service team members are properly trained for the purposes of ensuring data quality and consistency. This individual will also serve as the program manager of the organizations data governance function and will work cross-functionally with peers throughout the organization.
This is an opportunity to build a meaningful user experience for our 38,800 members while ensuring they receive quality customer service. This individual is a central part of a department that has helped the APA achieve annual membership growth and will focus on leading & contributing to cross-functional work throughout the organization.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Data Strategy and Governance
- Lead cross-departmental efforts as APAs data governance program manager to increase collaboration around data and enforce consistency of business rules, data policies, practices and training.
- Serve as the Membership Departments data steward for APAs data governance initiative, working cross-functionally to develop and oversee procedural adherence and business continuity.
- Develop and maintain a data dictionary, data policies, and process documents.
- Develop and manage quality control and quality assurance processes for all membership database initiatives in concert with APAs IT department and third-party vendors.
- Manage reporting and analysis of membership financial and other types of membership transactions (i.e. transfers to other district branches, applying discounts, generating group invoices, monitoring lockbox issues).
- Identify technical database issues and work with IT and external vendors to fix issues to ensure data integrity.
- Proactively identify and present solutions to common or unique member challenges.
- Identify and develop automated processes for repeatable database tasks.
- Data Operations
- Serves as the day-to-day contact for the Membership Department with external partners supporting the membership CRM platform, Fonteva MemberNation on Salesforce, to include optimizations, system releases and patches, user acceptance testing and other key functions
- Work with the membership team and IT department to identify automations (flows, triggers, etc.) in MemberNation.
- Work across APA and with external partners to develop and implement a membership data strategy aimed at measuring key membership retention and engagement indicators and identifying growth opportunities.
- Responsible for the management and maintenance of the membership database and serves as an expert on member experience as the point of contact within the Association.
- Responsible for report development for membership operations.
- Responsible for tracking and translating system-related business rules from APAs Operations Manual into SOPs.
- Regularly review and optimize the membership ecommerce experience.
- Recommend emerging database technologies.
- Reporting and Measurement
- Responsible for identifying, measuring and optimizing for the members user experience and business intelligence via database reports, visualizations and dashboards in collaboration with internal stakeholders including, but not limited to,Membership, Marketing, Education, Publishing and IT.
- Identify opportunities to utilize Salesforce capabilities to improve Association processes and member engagement.
- Lead effort on on organic and purchased member data collection, analysis, and improvement.
- Write and document Salesforce reports for internal usage including for auditing purposes, general membership reporting, tracking and trending.
- Train colleagues on report writing and or data extraction.
- Other duties as assigned
REQUIRED SKILLS, EXPERIENCE, AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelors degree required with a minimum of eight years of experience, preferably in a related field/position or professional association.
- Data Governance, quality assurance and skills strongly preferred.
- Process documentation skills required.
- Strong command of SQL and SQL server tools.
- Familiarity with SSAS, SSIS, SSRS.
- Strong command of data visualization tools such as Tableau, Grafana, Domo, etc.
- Strong mathematical and statistical knowledge.
- Strong knowledge of database management and administration, digital strategy, IT and/or operations.
- Strong knowledge and familiarity with using or implementing membership databases, preferably Salesforce or other related platforms.
- Exceptional strategic and analytical expertise with ability to take ideas and assemble concepts/solutions for communication to different levels of the organization.
- Demonstrates attention to detail and ability to think creatively.
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple complex projects in a cross-functional environment.
- Ability to measure performance outcomes.
- Service-oriented with a focus on superior results.
- Self-motivated, nimble and comfortable working with minimal supervision.
- Collaborative and able to work cross-functionally.
- Normal demands associated with an office environment.
- Ability to work on computer for prolonged periods, communicate with individuals by telephone, e-mail and face to face.
- Some travel may be required.