The Crohn's & Colitis Foundation, Inc is a private, non-profit national organization dedicated to finding the cure for Crohn's disease and ulcerative colitis and improving the quality of life of children and adults affected by these diseases. We fund cutting-edge studies at major medical institutions, nurture investigators at the early stages of their careers, and finance underdeveloped areas of research. In addition, our educational workshops and programs, along with our scientific journal, Inflammatory Bowel Diseases, enable medical professionals to keep pace with this rapidly growing field. Crohn's & Colitis Foundation's core values of compassion, integrity, leadership, collaboration, and inclusion inspire and drive every member of our highly performing team.
The Director, Fundraising Campaigns & Volunteer Engagement (Special Events) will be responsible for partnering with the Deputy Executive Director to lead the Special Events program in the Seattle market for the Crohn’s & Colitis Northwest Chapter, including its first annual dinner, Epicure, and Flag Football Tournament. This results driven position will be responsible for maximizing event revenue and for developing strategies and implementing event best practices to ensure the Chapter meets and exceeds annual special events revenue goals.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- In partnership with Deputy Executive Director, Recruit, develop, and manage a volunteer-driven, revenue-focused committee for each campaign to ensure success through corporate initiatives and recruitment activities that support growth objectives
- Identify, recruit, cultivate, and support constituents to find meaningful engagement in our mission and chapter community
- Work with volunteers, donors, participants, and committees to maximize their personal impact on our mission
- Cultivate a pipeline of future volunteers and honorees for all special events
- Work with chapter on special event strategies as it relates to identifying and cultivating major gift and sponsorship prospects
- Maintain accurate and detailed records of revenue, relationships, and other data to ensure ongoing success.
- Utilize multiple fundraising strategies and tactics to maximize revenue/
- Highly driven fundraiser who will develop strategies and implement event best practices that will lead to a profitable special events programs within the chapter.
- Proficiency with a variety of fundraising models, including individual giving, auctions, and peer-to-peer fundraising
- Capable of building and sustaining relationships with a variety of individuals and businesses
- Strong leadership skills in volunteer management and development
- Strong attention to detail
- An effective communicator, both written and oral
- Ability to assess and prioritize key deliverable's while managing multiple projects
- Proficiency in MS Office required; familiarity with OneCause and Blackbaud products (CRM, Luminate Online) preferred.