Registered Nurse provides medical services in response to health problems, promotes health and safety; provides case management services; and collaborates with clinical and ancillary staff. This position requires the review of various assessments, logs, etc. and follow-up where necessary; ensures all medical appointments; tests and lab work are completed as required; provide 24 hour on-call phone coverage for emergency situations; Assists with the AMAP certification process.
• The assessment, planning, implementation and supervision of medical care for the individuals we support.
• Provide and supervise comprehensive nursing services and interventions to assure that the health care needs of individuals receiving services are met. Provides continuity of medical care and services to individuals by monitoring the planning, organizing, directing, and controlling nursing activities including those carried out by support staff.
• Assure that the medical needs of the individuals are addressed by working with physician(s) as appropriate. Follow through with the provision of nursing care by monitoring nursing and related services.
• Develop a Nursing Care Plan for each individual and ensure the plan is reviewed and revised as needed.
• Maintaining 24 hour on-call capabilities for report on individual’s status and interventions as needed.
• Provides for the individual’s continued health, welfare and safety by direction, coordination, and supervising the individual’s medical care plan along with the implementation of all agency and OPWDD policies and procedures that are related to the Rights, Care, Treatment, and Protection of all individuals.
• Identifies, assesses and reports circumstances occurring at the time a person experiences a seizure, injury, illness, behavioral episode, and/or any other medical or emotional difficulty an individual may have and implements therapeutic interventions accordingly. Treatment team responsibilities including annual, semi-annual and weekly medical meetings; both off and on site.
• Collaborates with the Residence Manager to ensure that all staff are medically trained to meet the individuals’ needs by monitoring, training and evaluating all med-certified staff as per Birch and OPWDD guidelines.
• Conducts delegated nursing training for program staff, as well as general health/hygiene, infectious disease control/prevention, and other related topics for agency staff development.
• Update MARS monthly and as needed.