Oversee the capture, promotion and sale of all photography related activities throughout Union Station Entertainment complex. This position will maximize sales and provide outstanding guest service through the overall management of the photo experience. The Photography Manager will motivate and inspire team members to perform at their very best through role modeling, providing feedback, recognition, respect and frequent communication.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Plan and develop sales strategies that balance guests’ expectations and company objectives.
- Analyze sales figures, customer reactions and market trends to anticipate product needs and plan product ranges/stock.
- Collaborate with buyers, suppliers, distributors and analysts to negotiate prices, quantities and time-scales.
- Maximize customer interest and sales levels by displaying products appropriately.
- Understand the principles of visual merchandising and creating impactful displays.
- Produce sales strategies for the capture and Point of Sale areas.
- Forecast profits/sales and plan budgets.
- Monitor stock movement and consider markdowns, promotions, price changes, clear outs, etc.
- Monitor the maintenance of the retail POS systems and photography related equipment from a hardware and software aspect.
- Provide exceptional customer service to each and every guest that is encountered.
- Monitor and ensure all financial targets are achieved.
- Develop standard operating procedures, policies and reporting systems for the department.
- Remain up-to-date with industry’s best practices.
- Lead and manage the photography team in its goal of delivering unique and memorable experiences to guests.
- Train and develop team members with necessary skills and knowledge in order to perform their jobs.
- Conduct team member performance appraisals in a timely, fair and constructive manner in order to promote personal and career growth.
- Entertain, engage and empower team members to reduce turnover and increase retention.
- Motivate and inspire team members to perform at their very best through role modeling, providing feedback, rewarding and recognizing, respecting and frequent communication.
- Oversee the on-the-job training program in order to establish the needs of the business.
- Assist in the management and operations of other areas as required, such as Merchandise and Guest Experience.
- Work closely with all internal and external departments to foster an outstanding and seamless guest experience throughout Union Station.
- In collaboration with the Aquarium Life Sciences Department, ensure animal welfare and care standards are upheld and enhanced.