Cardinal Engineering, Inc. is looking to hire a dynamic and self-motivated person with PE licensure and minimum 5 years progressive experience to join our team as a Civil Engineer in Norman, OK. The ideal candidate will serve as a lead project engineer who has the ability to coordinate all facets of the project design with other team members, including the client, other engineering disciplines, CAD support, and permitting agencies. The person filling this role may be at times tasked with assisting other teams with road, water, sewer, and municipal engineering projects. Candidates should have a strong background in the preparation of documents in a CAD platform (AutoCAD). Some travel should be anticipated.
The successful candidate should have a firm understanding and ability to incorporate the fundamentals of design for Civil Site projects including site planning, grading, drainage, stormwater management, erosion and sediment control along with normal utility construction. The successful candidate must be able to complete projects in a professional manner with respect for budget and schedule.
- Preparation of Design proposals
- Design analysis and site planning
- Provide direction and assistance for members of the design team
- Material research and selection
- Material take-offs for estimating purposes
- Identify opportunities to improve efficiency, and daily operations
- The duties and responsibilities in this posting are representative categories to be used in deciding whether to apply for the position. These general categories do not necessarily constitute an exhaustive list of duties of the position.