EAC Network seeks Parent Educators for its Home Base (Intensive) program, located in Hauppauge, NY. The position is part time, up to 14 hours per week.
Primary Purpose of Job:
The Parent Educator will conduct parent education classes and meet with parents individually as needed. The Parent Educator will represent EAC NETWORKs Home Base (Intensive) at community events when needed.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Will provide training to parents (of children of all ages) following approved program curricula and ancillary instructional material.
- Maintain progress notes, provide regular contact and updates with clients and supervisor.
- Responsible for correspondence to confirm participation for mandated clients.
- Communicate with DSS and the courts to report on progress of mandated clients.
- Conduct parenting sessions within the community.
- Work evenings and weekends as required.
- Represent EAC NETWORK Long Island Parenting Institute at community events as needed.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities Required:
- High School Diploma or educational equivalent required. Bachelor’s degree in human or social sciences preferred. Bachelors degree in human or social sciences preferred.
- Must have two years of experience in Human Services or working with parents and children, including experience with families in crisis.
- Must have good communication skills, both oral and written.
- Must have ability to work cooperatively with Department of Social Services and domestic violence agency professionals and other professionals interfacing with program clients.
- Must be proficient in computer applications or other automated systems such as spreadsheets, Microsoft Office applications, calendar, email and/or database software necessary to perform work assignments.
- Must have access to automobile and possess valid New York State Drivers License.