The American Psychiatric Association (APA), the main professional organization of psychiatrists and trainee psychiatrists in the United States, and the largest psychiatric organization in the world, is seeking exceptional and motivated candidates to serve as a Senior Program Manager within the Division of Diversity and Health Equity. The Senior Program Manager will assist the Division Chief in leading intersectional engagement opportunities between APA members, health care, community and other advocacy stakeholders. The incumbent will work to develop and foster lasting relationships with diverse communities and cultivate and manage relationships with multiple stakeholders. The incumbent responsibilities will align with the APAs fourth strategic initiative of supporting and increasing diversity within APA; serving the needs of evolving, diverse, underrepresented and underserved patient populations; and working to end disparities in mental health care. The incumbent may perform other duties as assigned that are logically related to the position.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Collaborate with internal and external constituents to create and execute intersectional programs and events that promote mental health equity.
- Work with DDHE leadership to develop a community partners network and capacity building strategy.
- Explore within APA innovative ways to partner with different medical and lay organizations to broaden the collective impact of addressing mental healthcare disparities.
- Identify stakeholders, partners, and participants for recruitment to specific programs and events.
- Create and track deliverables that are both measurable and sustainable.
- Disseminate as appropriate APA educational resources through programming.
- Collect data that can inform the development of additional APA resources to best serve our members and APA areas.
- Develop and execute program and event marketing plans in partnership with Marketing.
- Coordinate and execute the logistics of each program and event.
- Generate and provide health equity related stories to surface equity-related news with Communications, Psychiatry.org website, and Psychiatric News.
- Perform need analysis to identify knowledge gap within APA resources related to diversity and health equity.
- Identify APA members who are subject-matter experts in diversity/health equity-related topics.
- Monitor development and progress of resources.
- Review and edit the contents of resources.
- Develop advertising strategy to promote resources to APA membership.
- Facilitate post-production analytics of educational resources (working with Communications).
- Contribute to the creation, production and oversee programs and products of the APAs DDHE.
- Contributes to and prepares presentations, issues briefs, position statements and other written materials pertinent to health equity.
- Serve as a staff liaison for APA-assigned workgroups/committees as needed.
- Coordinate off-site and onsite meetings.
- Help with monitoring progress of respective programs, as assigned.
- Under the direction of the Division Chief, monitor expenditure of respective programs.
- Partake in periodic evaluations (e.g., mid-year and year-end evaluations) of programs to report outcomes.
- Reviews current literature and serves as a resource on updated research or emerging issues which advance diversity and health equity.
- Performs other duties as assigned.