The Instructional Designer for APA's Division of Education's Online Learning Department will design, develop, and manage online learning experiences for mental health clinicians. The goal is to facilitate learners in acquiring knowledge, skills, and competencies effectively.
The ideal Instructional Designer must have a proven understanding of adult learning methodologies, Learning Management System (LMS) administration, rapid eLearning authoring tools, course design development, visual and graphic design, and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative environment. The Instructional Designer will work in conjunction with the Director of Online Learning and Senior Instructional Designers to implement APA's Division of Education online product portfolio and several federally grant-funded educational deliverables.
As a member of the APA's Division of Education, the Instructional Designer will also provide pedagogical consultation to Division staff, other APA departments, and allied organizations. The Instructional Designer will develop courses and content for APA's Learning Center and reports to the Director of Online Learning.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work in close partnership with key stakeholders, subject matter experts (SME), and team members to:
- Develop and design engaging curriculum and associated products in multiple formats that meet accreditation standards
- Manage many educational projects across the product's full life cycle (needs analysis, design, development, delivery, evaluation, and revisions). Projects will include diverse instructional design modalities (in-person, e-learning, blended learning, etc.).
- Build educational products, including virtual learning collaboratives, eLearning modules (SCORMs), webinars, instructional videos.
- Use of a suite of instructional design technologies such as Articulate Storyline 2, Articulate Studio, Articulate Rise, and various virtual meeting or conference software.
- Deliver federal grant-funded educational products in alignment with requirements set by grantors.
- Develop evaluation tools for the assessment of clinicians' knowledge and performance.
- Scale design efforts to meet production timelines and targeted levels of interactivity.
- Support technical reviews to find, fix, and update course content and materials.
- Design, remix, upgrade and re-invigorate existing curriculum and courses based on evaluation data to increase relevancy and impact in conjunction with Senior Instructional Designers.
- Research and identify data sources for instructional material development and additional information needed for SMEs and participant materials.
- Provide advance customer service support to LMS users who are experiencing technical problems and work with the Director of Online Learning to rectify problems with the LMS vendor.
- Perform work without appreciable direction.
- Keep abreast of training and development research: learning theory, motivation theory, and new materials, methods, and techniques
- Other duties as assigned