PRYER Aerospace is hiring for a Full Time Systems Administrator. PRYER Aerospace is a leading provider of structural components, assemblies and kits to the aerospace industry. We specialize in the fabrication of complex sheet metal and machined components for commercial, corporate and military aircraft.
The System Administrator is responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of IT systems hardware and software and related infrastructure. This person will provide support, maintenance, and administration for the network and end users.
Network and System Administration
- Installs, and maintains local area network hardware, software, and telecommunications services such as personal computers, system software, software applications, printers, servers, routers, bridges, switches, modems, cabling, and Internet service providers.
- Analyzes, and resolves complex software/hardware matters of significance pertaining to networking connectivity issues, printer, servers, and applications to meet business needs.
- Performs analysis of network needs and contributes to design of network architecture, integration and installation.
- Establishes and maintains network users, user environment, directories, and security.
- Uses backup technologies daily to ensure proper data protection of the company's digital assets.
- Develops and implements disaster recovery procedures.
- Researches and evaluates new technologies.
- Upgrades system by conferring with vendors and services; developing, testing, evaluating, and installing enhancements and new software.
- Negotiates contracts with and coordinates activities of hardware, software, telecommunications, support, and training vendors.
- Ability to prioritize responsibilities and work in a faced paced environment.
- Be available 24/7 for mission critical events.
End User Support
- Excellent provider of customer service to userbase
- Provides hardware and software support to end users, and trains users on software and equipment usage.
- Maintains department metrics and measures.
- Maintains and utilizes effectively the Spiceworks ticking system,
- Responds timely to the needs and questions of network users concerning their access to resources on the network and the operation of various software programs.
- Perform analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of complex desktop problems for end users, and implement corrective solutions, including offsite repair for remote users as needed.
- Install, configure, test, monitor, and troubleshoot end user and network hardware, software, peripheral devices, printing/scanning devices, presentation equipment, and other products.