- Possesses a creative enthusiasm and passion for digital content strategy and development
- Expertise in marketing, communications or related field
- Awareness of new and emerging web, email, virtual streaming and/or analytics technologies
- Able to communicate clearly about digital media to non-technical colleagues
- Proactive, relationship-oriented and possesses strong interpersonal skills
- Understands the big picture and pays strong attention to fine detail
- Comfortable juggling multiple projects and demonstrates strong organizational skills
- Familiarity with website content management systems (CMS); experience with Episerver a plus
- Familiarity with email marketing platforms; experience with Wordfly a plus
- Familiarity with ticketing software and CRMs; experience with Tessitura a plus
- Familiarity with survey platforms and data analysis
- Familiarity with JIRA, Basecamp, Asana or other project management tracking software
- Steppenwolf gives preference to candidates who have demonstrable experience advocating for inclusion, diversity, equity and access (IDEA)
Steppenwolf Theatre Company is the nation’s premier ensemble theatre. Steppenwolf produces hundreds of performances and events annually in its three spaces: the 515-seat Downstairs Theater, the 400-seat Ensemble Theater and the 80-seat 1700 Theater. Artistic programming includes a six-play season; a two-play Steppenwolf for Young Adults season; Visiting Company engagements; and LookOut, a multi-genre performances series. Education initiatives include the nationally recognized work of Steppenwolf for Young Adults, which engages 15,000 participants annually from Chicago’s diverse communities; the esteemed School at Steppenwolf; and Professional Leadership Programs. While firmly grounded in the Chicago community, nearly 40 original Steppenwolf productions have enjoyed success both nationally and internationally, including Broadway, Off-Broadway, London, Sydney, Galway and Dublin. Audrey Francis and Glenn Davis are the Artistic Directors and E. Brooke Flanagan is the Executive Director.
For additional information, visit steppenwolf.org, facebook.com/steppenwolftheatre, twitter.com/steppenwolfthtr and instagram.com/steppenwolfthtr.
Steppenwolf Theatre Company strives to create thrilling, courageous and provocative art in a thoughtful and inclusive environment. We succeed when we disrupt your routine with experiences that spark curiosity, empathy and joy. We invite you to join our community as we navigate our complex world together.
Steppenwolf Core Values:
- Equity + Inclusion
- Integrity + Curiosity
- Courage + Collaboration
- Accountability + Leadership
Salary range: $59,000 to $64,900 with excellent benefit package for full time employees, including medical, dental, vision insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, vacation pay, paid sick time, personal days, Ventra transit benefit program, employee assistance program and 401(k) matching retirement program.
NO PHONE CALLS OR EMAILS PLEASE
Steppenwolf Theatre Company is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Steppenwolf complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
We strongly encourage applications from people of color and members of underrepresented groups.