The Chef De Cuisine assists the Executive Chef in managing the restaurant kitchen and is responsible for all culinary creativity and operations. The Chef De Cuisine is responsible for training, supervising, and working with all cooks and culinary staff to prepare, cook, and present food in accordance to hotel standard recipes in order to create consistent quality food products. The Chef De Cuisine will work closely with the Executive Chef and F&B Managers in developing menus, maintaining control for cost and quality.
- Communicate the recipes, menus, portions, and presentation of each item to his/her team, ensuring the preparation of all menu items as per recipes provided.
- Ensuring the highest standards of production by carrying out "spot checks" of portions and presentation of all food items, taking corrective action when needed.
- Implementing strategies to achieve service goals in conjunction with the Executive Chef.
- Monitoring operation activities and takes corrective action as requested to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Work with the Executive Chef and the F&B Managers to create and implement creative menus.
- Responsible for the communication of food issues, VIP’s, reservations and changes in business levels
- Design and implement employee cafeteria rotating menu and oversee cafeteria operations.
- Maximizing food quality and minimizing food waste by ensuring that unused foods are properly stored.
- Ensure the cleanliness and maintenance of all work areas, utensils, and equipment by following kitchen policies, procedures and service standards.
- Provides excellent service to internal customers.
- Handles all guest and employee complaints and inquiries in a courteous and efficient manner. Communicates immediately all guest complaints to the Executive Chef.
- Know and enforce all local health department sanitation laws, including safety and sanitation policies when handling food and beverage.
- The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
- Directly supervises hourly employees in the kitchen.
- Hires, trains, supervises, motivates, and develops kitchen staff; manages schedules and workflow.
- Assigns duties and monitors quality of work; assures staff conforms to organizational policies and procedures and safety regulations.
- Provides day-to-day guidance and oversight of subordinates; actively works to promote and recognize performance.
- Keeps up to date on overall activities of the team, identifying problem areas and taking corrective actions.
- Responsible in upholding supervisory responsibilities within the kitchen department in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable.