Qualifications and competencies:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty at a high-quality level. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or experience:
- Minimum four years of experience working with school age children
- Minimum two years supervisory experience prefered
- Minimum of 18 years of age
- ECE units or Recreation units desired
Specific Certification Requirements:
- Current American Red Cross CPR for Child and Adult Certification
- Current American Red Cross Basic First Aid Certification
- Completion and clearance of background fingerprint assessment via the JSV Live scan location.
** Employees at the JSV may have availability to attend in-house Certification courses, please check with Camp Director as to availability
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from supervisors, co-workers, parents, volunteers, members, donors and the general public
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Must possess the ability to make sound independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action
Other Skills, Requirements, Abilities and Personal Characteristics:
- Ability and willingness to work as a team
- Organized and possess excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Able to set and meet deadlines
- Enthusiastic, dependable and a sense of humor
- Willing to follow directions and take initiative
- Understanding of the JSV mission as well as a commitment to be a positive role model
- Even-tempered and able to adjust tasks in accordance with changing priorities.
Working Conditions/Physical requirements:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Visual and auditory ability to respond to critical incidents and the physical ability to act swiftly in an emergency situation.
- Ability to adequately observe participant activities, enforces safety regulations, and applies appropriate policies and procedures.
- The physical ability to lead and interact in group activities and perform related skills.
- Ability work both in an outside and inside environment, may involve different temperature extremes.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear.
- The employee regularly is required to stand, walk, sit, stoop, kneel, or crouch. Also, may be required to climb, push, and pull at times.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds.
The working conditions described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Disclaimer: This job description indicates in general terms, the type and level of work performed as well as the typical responsibilities of employees in this classification. The duties described are not to be interpreted as being all-inclusive to any specific employee. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments of different positions and, when possible, to make reasonable accommodations so that qualified employees can perform the essential functions of the job. Nothing in this position description changes the at-will employment relationship existing between JSV and its employees.