An Understudy/ABA Therapist needs to have:
- At least two references that will attest to the Candidate's interpersonal skills, energy, work ethic, commitment to providing optimal education to individuals with autism, their ability to work on a team, leadership skills, integrity, ability to accept and learn from feedback.
- The ability to physically perform all job duties, keeping students/members safe and in close proximity at all times, particularly on outings, and safely restraining individuals in excess of 100 pounds up to 200 pounds when necessary.
- Passed a background and CORI check.
Supervision and Performance Assessment:
- Performance requirements are clearly specified, performance is measured frequently, feedback is given immediately and mastery of particular skills allows access to higher level skills. Reinforcement, in the form of pay, professional development opportunities and recognition is tied to performance.
- The Understudy Therapist/ABA Therapist positions will be evaluated on general performance, cooperation, teamwork and maintenance of the student’s books. The Lead Teacher and/or Clinical Director will assess the Understudy Therapist/ABA Therapist on clinical performance.
- Approximately twice per year an assessment will be made regarding the ABA Therapist’s performance. Certain data that is continuously or intermittently recorded throughout the year will also be incorporated into the assessment. Within 2 days, the ABA Therapist will have a chance to review the assessment with the person who executed it. From that review, the ABA Therapist will be reinforced for good performance and develop an action plan with the reviewer to enhance performance. Follow up assessment will be scheduled based on that plan. The purpose of assessment and feedback is to assist the ABA Therapist in continuously improving their performance. It is expected that performance will improve over time. It is also expected that there will always be opportunities to learn and grow.
Benefits NLG provides to its valued employees!
- 100% Paid Tuition! (for an NLG approved Master’s program in Applied Behavior Analysis or Special Education)
- Professional and career development opportunities
- Considerable time off (paid vacations, paid time off)
- Affordable and Comprehensive Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Parental Leave
- Referral Program
- Life Insurance
- 403B Retirement plan
- Mileage reimbursement for travel with individuals from your caseload
Job Type: Full-time / Part-time
Schedule: Monday to Friday | Work Remotely: No | Work Location: Bedford, MA or Billerica, MA
Pay: $45,000 - $52,000 per year (Bachelor's Degree Preferred)
COVID-19 considerations: COVID vaccination is encouraged but not required.
License/Certification: A Driver’s License in good standing (Required)
NLG is committed to the philosophy and principles of equal employment opportunity. It is the policy of NLG to recruit, hire, train and promote the most qualified candidates regardless of any race, age, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), sexual orientation, protected genetic information, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. NLG expects all employees to support its equal opportunity objective.