Upper School Chemistry
Fort Worth Country Day is seeking a professional who is exceptionally well prepared in the academic field of chemistry and in secondary education. Reporting to the Head of Upper School, this enthusiastic, highly qualified, experienced and dynamic teacher will serve as an Upper School Chemistry Teacher to begin with the 2021 – 2022 school year.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have experience and interest in building and guiding student interest in robotics, including club activities and including high school level competitions such as B.E.S.T. and VEX, either within or in addition to the normal workday
- Have classroom management skills that emphasize mutual respect, inclusivity and positive reinforcement
- Work effectively with the grade-level teams and the curricular departments, to demonstrate a wide range of lesson presentation techniques to meet the needs of a variety of college-bound students
- Relate well to upper school aged students
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Participate fully in the life of the School
- Lead students in extracurricular duties including, but not limited to, sponsoring a student group or club, coordinating co-curricular summer trips or coaching athletics
- Serve as an advisor for ten to twelve students
- Minimum of an undergraduate degree in chemistry
- Experience teaching AP Chemistry; experience in Independent School education is a plus
- Experience with both traditional ‘wet’ labs (including Vernier probes and interfaces) and ‘virtual’ labs is strongly desired
- Interest in building course curriculum beyond Honors and AP Chemistry is also a plus
All employees of FWCD must:
- Model the core values (Respect, Responsibility, Kindness, Courage, Integrity and Scholarship)
- Exhibit generous community spirit, professional flexibility, a sense of humor and a positive attitude
- Collaborate and work well with colleagues and parents
- Execute duties in a positive and punctual manner
- Embody and communicate the School's mission and core values
- Be an enthusiastic life-long learner driven toward professional self-improvement and personal growth
Equal Opportunity Employer / Statement of Inclusivity:
Fort Worth Country Day is an Equal Opportunity Employer that maintains a policy of nondiscrimination with respect to all employees and applicants for employment. Employment decisions at FWCD are based on merit, qualifications, abilities and performance and are subject to the academic and business requirements of the School. As a school, we also believe that understanding and respecting differences not only inspires compassion and empathy, but also fosters intellectual curiosity and creativity. We embrace the diverse cultures, experiences and perspectives that comprise and enhance our learning environment. We commit to sustaining and growing an intentionally inclusive community.
About Fort Worth Country Day and the City of Fort Worth:
Fort Worth Country Day earned the distinction of being ranked one of the Best Companies to Work for in Fort Worth for 2018.
Fort Worth Country Day is a coed, junior kindergarten through grade 12 college-preparatory day school with approximately 1080 students and 250 faculty and staff. Country Day seeks to promote inclusivity and retain a diverse faculty. The 104-acre campus offers excellent facilities for academics, arts and athletics. Faculty and administration nurture a collegial professional environment in which innovation is encouraged. Opportunities for ongoing professional development are exceptional. Fort Worth Country Day is proud of its school community where students, parents, faculty, staff and administration join together to develop an effective and enjoyable place to teach and learn.
Fort Worth ranks as one of the top 20 largest cities in the United States and is known for its vibrant arts, music, and cultural life. The Dallas/Fort Worth metropolitan region is home to over 6.5 million people. More information about the School and Fort Worth community is available at www.fwcd.org.
The search to fill this position will begin immediately. Employment is expected to begin in August in preparation for the 2021 – 2022 school year. Interested candidates should include a cover letter, resume and names of professional references.